Freak

"She's a freak," James muttered to Remus. "How can you stand up for her?"

"Because I can," Remus snapped. James frowned at him - it was out of character for Remus to be angry and defensive.

"Right class," professor Flitwick said. "After last lesson, I have decided to put you in a seating plan. Mr Combeferre you sit there at the front with Miss Evans. Mr Potter next to them with Mr Joly. Mr Black next to them with Mr Lupin. Mr Pettigrew behind them Miss Thenardier. Miss-" Sirius and James ignored the rest and went into their own little world.

'She tried to drink his blood!' Sirius mouthed to James.

'I know! It's disgusting at how Hogwarts let a monster like that here.'

'But do you reckon she's alright?' James frowned at Sirius and went to answer but Flitwick had noticed their mouthed conversation.

"And that, students, is why there is a seating plan," Flitwick said. The class moaned their disapproval at James and Sirius; it was their fault they had been moved away from their friends. "Now class, we will be learning the spell wingardium leviosa. The motion for this spell is swish and flick." The class started swishing and flicking their wands and exclaiming the word wingardium leviosa.

"Umm, James, who were you talking about?" Joly asked him. James smirked; he had recently discovered that Joly was a malady imaginaire, a hypochondriac. James covered his mouth with his arm and coughed making Joly look at him nervously.

"I'm sorry but I can't talk, I've got a cold which I'd hate to share with you," James smirked. Joly half recoiled away from James for he didn't know if he was telling the truth. He searched for other signs of cold but couldn't find any.

"Ha, ha James, very funny," Joly said.

"Awe I'm sorry, is the little hypo gonna cry?" James laughed. Joly looked at his paper and concentrated on it for a long time. "You can't levitate it by staring at it, dipstick," James said.

"Mr Potter, I don't see your paper levitating," Flitwick scolded James. "Now try and demonstrate in front of the whole class."

"Wingardium Leviosa!" James shouted and flicked his wand so hard that it fell out of his hand.

"Hmmm, as I thought. As much as I hate doing this, Potter you've left me no choice but to take five points from Gryffindor," Flitwick informed James. The whole class moaned at James again and some people threw screwed up pieces of paper at him.

"Well I'm sorry," James huffed.

*

The class sat in silence, waiting for professor Cleavedale to enter - she always liked to make an entrance. Molly was, unfortunately for her, sat next to Courfeyrac. Of course at the start they got along and then they were friends, but now, they are enemies and not too long ago Molly tried to drink his blood.

There was a sudden bang and professor Cleavedale appeared. "Students, today we will be learning the disarming spell!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah, for the third time this week," Courfeyrac muttered. Molly was caught off guard and laughed, Cleavedale turned on [his] heel and walked over to Molly. [ ] - would this not be 'her'?

"And what, Miss Grantaire, was so funny?" Cleavedale snapped.

"Courfeyrac-" she began.

"Don't lie about him to get you out of trouble!" Isabella snapped. Molly sighed and turned around to Isabella.

"Since when did you defend blood traitors?" Molly said curtly. Molly caught Courfeyrac's eye and sunk in her chair a bit.

"We'd sooner protect a mudblood than you, Bloodsucker!" Lithian chirped.