Deception dance and drinks

Courfeyrac flopped onto the armchair next to Jehan and let out a sigh. "Evans rejected me." Jehan raised an eyebrow at Courfeyrac and gave him a look of disapproval.

"Did you only ask her to get back at James?" Jehan asked slowly.

"Yes and no. Evans is the most beautiful girl in the school and I'm the hottest boy so I think we'd make a good pair and Potter had it coming," Courfeyrac stated with a flick of his hand. "So instead I'm going with Isabella." Jehan was in the process of reaching for his notebook and when Courfeyrac told him this he dropped it in surprise.

"But you hate Isabella!" Jehan cried out.

"I know but she's so darned attractive," Courfeyrac muttered. "Plus, if I end up standing her up I won't feel too bad about it."

"It doesn't matter who they are, no girl is bad enough to-" Jehan began to say until Courfeyrac cut him off.

"What about you? Are you going with anyone?" Jehan picked his notebook off the floor and scrawled a note in it.

"No one, I've decided to take myself."

"So no one?" Courfeyrac frowned. He, at least, thought that Jehan and Molly would go as friends.

"No one, it'll be fun dancing with friends just the same. I think we'd better change, the disco starts soon."

*

"So, who're you going with?" Molly asked Bahorel in the most babyish and annoying voice ever.

"A girl," Bahorel answered simply.

"What's her name?" Molly asked, her voice going whiny.

"A name," Bahorel said, holding back laughter.

"He's going with that muggle born," Grantaire voiced because, quite frankly, he was fed up with the same style of conversation every time Molly and Bahorel had one.

"Alright, don't get your curls knotted. She's not a mudblood, she's just too damned pretty for your tastes," Bahorel muttered.

"So what's her name?" Molly pressed.

"Artemis," Bahorel said cheerfully. Grantaire rolled his eyes and silently mocked Bahorel's over excitement. "Who're you going with, R?"

"How come I can't call you that?" Molly asked but Grantaire ignored her.

"Diana," Grantaire said proudly.

"What's with all this Greek-ness?" Molly sniggered.

"I don't know, at least it's not Apo-" Bahorel began but was interrupted by dying from Grantaire's death glare.

"Apo... what?" Molly asked.

"Apocalypse," Grantaire said frankly. Molly shrugged and led out on the sofa. "And you?"

"Oh, uh, no one," Molly said truthfully. Grantaire smirked and looked around him to try and find someone.

"Hey Montparnasse! Are you going with anyone to this 'disco' thing?" Grantaire called over to him.

"I said I'd go with Ponine as a friend of cousrse, sorry R I didn't know you felt like that," Montparnasse mock apologised.

"Didn't know how I felt about what?" Grantaire asked him.

"Ne'er mind, dear R, I got it all wrong," Montparnasse smirked.

"That was odd... wait. Seriously Mont?" Grantaire stated. Montparnasse merely grunted and shrugged. "Now, who could you go with?"

"Well, I do have a boyfriend," Molly said.

"Really? I thought you said you were going on your own?" Grantaire asked.