Grantaire and his dreams

Grantiare was having the worst hangover yet. His head felt like it was slowly being prized apart by a pair of hands; his eyes felt so red and poofy that he couldn't get them to stay open; and he felt terrible. In fact Grantaire wasn't even in the Slytherin common room let alone his dorm - he was in a bathroom.

Grantaire heaved himself off of the floor and staggered forward, feeling a sharp pain in his ankle. "Ah, God dammit!" he yelled in pain. Grantaire looked down at his ankle and saw that it was at a funny angle and blood was trickling from a cut. "Oh crap," he muttered to himself.

Grantaire limped to the Slytherin common room to find Montparnasse -a highly skilled and young criminal mastermind who had a lot of experience in healing broken bones, especially in his line of work.

"Hey Montparnasse, can you help me?" Grantaire croaked at him.

"Excuse me, gentlemen," Montparnasse said to his friends and walked over to Grantaire. " 'Ow much do you need me to do this?" he murmured to Grantaire, his cockney accent shining through each and every word.

"This much," Grantaire sighed, pulling out a handful of Galleons from his pocket. Montparnasse took the Galleons and inspected them, when he was satisfied that they were real he whipped out his wand and placed the tip on Grantaire's ankle.

"Episky," Montparnasse muttered. Grantaire's ankle clicked back into place, making him wince. "There, good as new!" Montparnasse exclaimed and admired his handy work. "Now run along to class, me dear. We don't want the teachers to think you were drunk, do we now?" Grantaire glared at him and went down to the great hall for breakfast.

*

"Now class, we will be learning about the history of the goblin wars," Professor Binns said in a monotone voice. Grantaire was already asleep - but like Binns had noticed that - and was dreaming sweet dreams of depression.

"You're nothing to us!" Grantaire's mother screeched at him. "You're nothing to anyone! You're a crime against all things that are good and pure in this world!" Her voice was scratchy and high pitched which made Grantaire's blood curl. The shadows swirled around him, closing in on him. Red flashed in his parents eyes and they leered on him.

"How did you ever expect us to forgive you after that display of profanity? After your abnormalities?" his father yelled. "You're worthless!" The shadows encased his parents and came in closer. Grantaire backed away as sharp, yellow fangs appeared,hovering where their mouths should be. The shadows tried to grab Grantaire as he shuffled back away from them.

One of the shadows opened its mouth to speak but all he heard was Professor Binns shouting at him, "Mr Grantaire, take naps in your own time and not in my class!"

Grantaire jerked awake and fell off his chair. "Aaagh!" Grantaire's head hit the floor with a loud bang and he felt the world spin around him. Grantaire tried to stand up but fell back down again as the whole class laughed at him.

"Mr Grantaire, I insist that you stop behaving like a drunk, stop entertaining the class with your dumbfounded ways and get back into your seat and continue your work!" Binns snapped. Grantaire stood up swaying a bit as his legged wobbled at the knees and managed to fall onto his chair this time. "Thank you."

Grantaire let out a shaky sigh and tried to keep his quill steady in his hand so he could at least attempt to write. Grantaire then remembered Montparnasse was sat next to him. "Why didn't you wake me up?" Grantaire muttered.

"You looked so peaceful," Montparnasse whispered back. "But you do look like you've been shaken up quite a bit."

"I'm bloody sweating! All over! Even in places I didn't know I could sweat in!" Grantaire's whisper had now turned to stage whisper. "How can that be bloody peaceful?"