Flashback

"I hate you!" Molly shouted at Grantaire. "They just done that to me and all you can say is, 'Ignore them and they'll get bored'? I'm in constant mental and physical pain!" Grantaire sighed, yes that's probably not the best thing he could say to a person who had just been left to bleed to death but no he wasn't going to take it back. Molly had been hit by two spells on the way to potions class, the spell was Sectumsempra. A spell which was frequently used on her by Snape's friends. "I never asked you to be my brother!"

"Half-brother!" Grantaire snapped. Molly glared at him and ran off to potions leaving Grantaire drowning in guilt.

Molly ran into potions and sat down next to Snape and Lilly, the only friends she had left. The Marauders had left her because she stood up for Snape and she walked away from Les Amis because of Courfeyrac.

"Professor, Molly's late again," Isabella piped up. Molly rolled her eyes and went to answer back but Slughorn intervened.

"I have Miss Grantaire marked here on my register so you must have missed her on your way into class," Slughorn sighed. He was tired of making up excuses for Molly but she was his third favourite student after all. "Now can anyone tell me the property of Boomslang skin?" Slughorn asked the class and of course Snape's hand shot straight up. "Ah, yes Mr Snape."

"The properties of Boomslang skin is-" Snape answered but was drowned out by James' and Sirius' catcalling.

"Mr Potter, Mr Black please be serious," Slughorn scolded them.

"But, professor, I already am Sirius," Sirius sniggered. Slughorn pursed his lips and gave them a warning glare.

"Yes, Mr Snape please continue." Snape had sunken into his seat a bit more and was reluctant to answer.

"Awe, not standing up for your boyfriend this time, Molly?" Sirius mocked. Molly kept her head low and doodled the names of the characters from a book she was reading in her notebook.

"Shut up Sirius!" Enjolras snapped. Sirius jumped, he wasn't used to Enjolras speaking like that. "You heard me," Enjolras added when he saw Sirius' reaction.

"Please, boys, this is something for the playground not a classroom," Slughorn reasoned with them. Molly couldn't take it anymore; this was the second time this week she had broken down in tears. "Molly, you may leave if you wish," Slughorn said soothingly. Molly nodded and quickly walked out to the girls toilets.

"Why?" Molly repeatedly mentally asked. She was leaning over the sink with her hands on either side of it. Someone fell onto the floor behind her and she turned to see a boy. "You do know this is the girls' toilets, right?" she asked. The boy stood up and dusted himself off; Molly noticed the torn Hufflepuff uniform.

"Sorry, I fell and landed in here. I hope I didn't interrupt-" the boy began. "Are you alright? Have you been crying?" Molly went to answer but someone called his name.

"Bosseut, hurry up or have you just walked in on Musichetta?" a boy called. Bosseut rolled his eyes and went to the door to mutter something to his friend. "I'll see you in class!"

"I'm Bosseut, as you probably guessed. Who are you?" Bossuet asked.

"Molly Grantaire, and not a word about my half-brother," Molly snarled and Bosseut nodded.

"So is it brotherly problems or something else?"

"Both," Molly answered truthfully. She didn't know this boy but she felt like she could trust him.

"Care to elaborate?"

"He hates me, in fact he watched me being beaten up by a load of fifth years - I think they were - and he always reminds me that we're only half-siblings. On the other matter, everyone hates me: James, Sirius and Remus hate me for sticking up for someone and I hate Courfeyrac for the same reason as Grantaire."