five.

The day came much quicker than Taehyung had thought, a short but sweet eighteen years of existence.

His childhood had been lovely in the village, loved by everyone as they smiled down at him and greeted his mother.

He used to be a curious little thing, still was but it was overshadowed by his shyness and unwillingness to talk to strangers.

He could still remember how his father had tried to teach him how to hunt, the memory causing him to wince as he recalled how he had started crying when he realized what they were going to do.

His father had simply sighed and patted his back, telling him to go to the kitchen with his mother.

There was no point in even trying the omega was a weakling, plain and simple.

Taehyung could not deny the statement because it ran true.

He preferred to cook and clean over hunting and building.

He enjoyed sewing and knitting in the safety of his home while his father went out into the village to work.

As fucked up and stereotypical as it may sound, Taehyung liked his omega roles.

He liked the idea of staying at home and waiting for his husband to get home to him.

He wanted that sense of safety and security in knowing that his husband could provide for him.

So when the morning of his eighteenth birthday arrived, he was nervous to say the least.

He had been unable to get any rest the night before, tossing and turning all night.

Unbeknownst to him, Jeongguk had been the exact same. 

A loud knock on Taehyung's door was heard as he walked out from the bathroom, hair still wet and towel around his body.

"Honey may I come in?" It was his mother.

Immediately he allowed her inside, eyes nervous as he ruffled his own his hair lightly.

She appeared composed but Taehyung could see the nervous glint in her eyes as well.

In her hand she carried a pile of neatly folded clothes, which Taehyung figured were for him.

"I've brought you some clothes to wear for when they arrive. It shouldn't be too long now, you must hurry." She spoke, placing the clothes down onto the bed and walking up to her son.

She stared at him for a few seconds, watching as Taehyung's eyes suddenly moistened and she just knew.

"My baby." She whispered softly, gently cupping Taehyung's face with her hands as a fat tear rolled down his cheek.

"Everything is going to be alright." She croaked out, but Taehyung wasn't convinced, not when she was on the verge of crying as well.

Once she gave him a sweet kiss to his cheek and walked out, he managed to throw the towel off of him and pull the clothes from the pile.

He hastily put them on before walking over to the full length mirror, eyeing the newly bought clothes his mother had gotten from the village.

They weren't expensive nor fine material by any means but they were better than anything he previous had in his closet.

He could only hope that he looked presentable before the royal family.

And then suddenly his door was opening again and his mother was coming in with a gentle look on her face.