23// the boss

Ariana Grande

"Thank god you're back." Connie sighed in relief as she wrapped her arms around me.

"Please don't tell me that Grande Corp. blew up."

"Don't worry. It was definitely difficult because of all the PR drama. Your uncle getting in jail. But, I think everyone is excited for a Grande to be in charge again." I put on my heels and leave the house with Connie next to me.

"And why is that?" Before, I would've wanted to be driven to work by the chauffeur. Today, I decide to drive myself to work.

"Because Grandes are natural leaders." Connie says like it's obvious. Her words echo in my head as I stepped into the building that I had left behind.

Once we entered the elevator, I clicked my regular floor button. "Miss Grande." Connie clicks a floor 5 stories higher. "Your office was moved remember?"

"Right. Sorry. Force of habit." She smiles at me.

After Harry and I had flown home, I spent days preparing for this day. I had caught myself up on everything I had missed. Now, I've got a plan.

"Hello everyone." Shareholders were sitting in my much bigger office as I stepped into the room.

Fake it till you make it.

I'm the boss now. "Thank you all for coming." Connie hands out reports to everyone. "I've had some time off to think about which direction this company is going to go. Now that my uncle has been prosecuted for his actions, we need to make sure that Grande Corp. maintains its position in the market."

"And we're supposed to let an inexperienced heiress lead us there?" An older shareholder asks me. He has doubt and anger in his eyes.

I place my hand on the table. "I'm a Grande. Who else is there?" My eyes flicker around the room.

"I'm just saying, maybe we should be cutting ties from the Grande family completely. Elect a new CEO."

There is whispers amongst the dozen people in the room. Connie is clutching her reports tightly. I stand still, unsure of what to do.

"If you can find someone you think can lead better than me, we can have a vote. Until then, I'm in charge. Mr. Adam Turner." I say his full name, to let him know that I know everything that is going on. He gives me a smirk, before I continue the meeting.

—-

By the end of the day, I'm physically and mentally exhausted. I hadn't had time to eat with the amount of phone calls and meetings booked.

Not to mention, I could tell that Turner was set on replacing me. You shouldn't have left. Maybe then, your position wouldn't be on the line.

I still had most of the shares, and the loyalty of the other shareholders. But, if they did find someone charming, smart, and most importantly, untainted.. How could I fight against that?

"Knock, knock." Speaking of untainted, I smile as Harry Styles comes into my room with bags in his hands.

I stand, greeting him with a kiss. "What are you doing here? I told you that I'll be working all night."

"It's your first day back, love. You need to take it easy."

"Tell me how." I point to the papers on my desk.

"Well, since I know you so well, I figured you'd be hungry. So I brought some food. Would you take ten minutes just to sit and eat with me, or do I have to book an appointment?" He wraps his arm around my waist, guiding me to the couches.