A Boy and His Giraffe

Once upon a time, there was a little boy who had a stuffed giraffe that he really, really liked. And the stuffed giraffe really, really liked the boy back.

But.. the little boy didn't know that the stuffed giraffe could feel anything, so he was kind of mean to it. He always slept with it at night, but he always ended up kicking it off the bed or squishing it when he rolled over.

His parents were mean to it too. They always stuffed it into the closet when he wasn't playing with it. They also put it in the washer and made it go around and around in circles.

One day, the giraffe realized that enough was enough.

So he decided to go on an adventure to find a new home where he wouldn't be treated so badly.

While the boy was taking a nap, it managed to walk out of the room and was picked up by a stray cat. The stray cat took it to an alley where he slowly ate one of its legs.

And the stuffed giraffe thought, “I miss my home!”

So he wished and wished for someone to pick him up and take him back to the little boy.

Meanwhile, the little boy was looking everywhere for his favorite toy. He looked under the bed, over the bed, even in between the bed! He even asked his parents, but they didn't know where the stuffed giraffe was either.

So he decided that he would go off on an adventure to recover his lost friend. But his parents said, “NOOO! You're only seven! You aren't allowed to go on an adventure!”

And the butterfly (Reincarnation butterfly, ftw?!) said, “nlvmdclcsvs” But no one noticed it.

So the boy started crying. Feeling bad, his parents said, “We'll buy you a new toy!”

“But it's just not the same!” the boy cried. His tears hit the butterfly, and the butterfly fell and died.

His parents didn't know what to say, so he ran out the window. He didn't realize, however, that the window was on the second floor.

But it was okay, because he landed on a GIANT stuffed giraffe.

The giant stuffed giraffe said, “Are you looking for a little stuffed giraffe?”

And the boy said, “Yes!”

“Well, that's my son, so I'll take you to him.” And so, the giant stuffed giraffe walked to the alley with the little boy on his back and said, “But I don't know if you deserve him. You let him end up like this!”

“But I love that stuffed giraffe!” the little boy said, “and I take very good care of him.”

The stuffed giraffe said, “And I love this boy... even though he doesn't take very good care of me.”

The boy and his stuffed giraffe went to each other in a mess of tears and hugging and slow-mo running toward each other... on a beach... which appeared out of nowhere. But the stuffed giraffe had to limp, because he was missing a leg.

And so they were reunited and they lived happily ever after... except for the butterfly.