09 ~ KNOCK KNOCK, IT'S YOUR PAST

Start from the beginning

Yeah, my mom is just as badass as me.

******

I think I'm going to puke. We've been at the house party for ten minutes and it's pretty decent but I don't think I will be able to hold on to myself for long. The living room is filled with people. A few girls are chatting by the fireplace. A group of guys is standing at the built-in bar. All the furniture has been pushed against the wood-paneled walls to create a makeshift dance floor in the center of the room. Everywhere I look, I see people dancing and laughing and shooting the shit, but poor Kyle is stuck with me and Lily is pouting at his side because he won't dance with her.

I know he's staying with me because my mom told him so, but he can keep an eye on me from anywhere and I feel bad that they are stuck with me and can't enjoy the party.

"Seriously Kyle, just go and have fun. You don't have to be stuck with me," I say as I look at him

"I don't want to go anywhere and I promised your mom that I'll keep an eye on you," he replies, not looking at me.

"You can keep an eye on me from anywhere. Don't be a mood killer and just go. I promise I won't go anywhere."

He sighs, "Fine, I'll go but don't go anywhere, Avery. I'm serious. Okay?"

"Promise," I say as they leave.

Now that I'm all alone, I don't know what to do. I take a sip of my coke which I brought from my home course. Yeah, I can't trust anyone here. My mind again wanders to Roman James, he deserves an apology right? And what do you know the second I think about him, the devil himself enters the room. I didn't expect to see him today since he was in the ER for his… problem.

I turn my back to him, not ready to apologize so soon, just as a cute guy with wavy brown hair and brown eyes approaches me. He looks a bit shy though.

"Hey," he says, cheerfully.

"Hey," is all I can answer.

"We have History together," he says with a smile.

"Oh, I’ve never seen you," I reply.

"Yeah, I kinda fall speechless whenever I see you," he says and winks at me.

Not so shy, I see.

"Speechless in front of my beauty?" I raise an eyebrow.

"If beauty were a time, you'd be an eternity," he says quite smoothly.

Uh-oh, did he really just say that? Argh way too cheesy. 

"Smooth but cheesy," I remark.

He laughs a bit, and asks, "Do you wanna dance?"

NOOOO

"Can we just talk more? I mean I don't even know your name. You're basically a stranger," I say.

"Oh no, I didn't even realize that I forgot to tell you my name. I'm Jonathan," He says and extends his hand to shake and I accept it politely. "Avery." 

"Do you know Roman James?" He asks.

"Ehh no, why?" I ask.

"Because if looks could kill, you would be dead by now. He's glaring daggers at you, literally," Jonathan says. 

Oh no

I look back and sure enough Roman James is looking right at me, no, he's glaring daggers at me and now that he's caught my attention, he's making his way towards us. 

Jesus, save me.

I quickly look at Jonathon and ask "You wanted to dance right? Let's dance."