Wendy Meets Romeo! And Lucy's Unwanted Family Reunion

Chapter 12 - recap

I look up at him. "You promise?" I ask numbly.

"I promise Luce, I love you," he kisses me. My tears stop and then he releases me. He grabs his bag and then comes back over to me.

"Let's go home okay? I don't want you catching a cold with those teary eyes," he says as he begins walking. I follow him, and look behind me at a distant Lisanna. She wouldn't beat me, I wasn't going to let her win.

• * •

Chapter 13 - Wendy Meets Romeo! And Lucy's Unwanted Family Reunion

The rest of that school week was slow, but it was leading up to break, so we all somehow managed to make it to the end of the week. I sat in my last hour on Friday, tapping my pencil lightly on the desk, anxiously waiting for the bell to ring.

"And when we attacked them on the western end-" the bell rang cutting off the teacher. The kids surged out the doors into the hall. I was pushed with them. I was making my way towards the doors when I was yanked aside. Natsu pulled me down a emptying hallway. A confused look was displayed across my face.

"Natsu? Where are we going? I thought we where-" I'm cut off as he suddenly crashes his lips onto mine. When he pulls away I sort of go blank. Then I shake my head to bring it back to reality. I hear him chuckle a bit.

"Did I daze you?" He teases.

"Shut up.. And what was that for?" I ask looking at him.

"Just because," he says grabbing my hand and leading me outside so we can walk home. He sighs as we walk and begins to talk.

"Lucy, I have to go somewhere important tonight and I have to bring you and Wendy,"Natsu tells me.

I nod. "Okay," I glance over at him.

We get back and tell Wendy when she gets back. She runs to her room to change. Then Natsu tells me to change into a nice dress since it's always formal at things like this. I hurry to grab my favorite dress. It was light blue, and cut off above the chest. It had a skirt that reached to my knees and it shifted and sparkled any time I moved. I had sleeves that went up my arms but stopped before my shoulder. I wore white long socks and blue flats. Only adding a light blue bow to my hair I then decided I was finished.

I got back to the living room and Wendy was waiting in a dark blue and black dress that fit her body closely showing just how mature she really was. She was wearing black long socks that went halfway up her thigh and had a purple stripe running along the tops. She was wearing small boots and had her hair tied up in one pony tail on the back with her bangs hanging lose.

Natsu had on a grey suit and he looked older in it, and it gave him an aura of business. I had almost forgotten that his parents owned the most successful business--and that he was next in line to take over. I wondered if maybe that was what this was about. We all head out to a waiting limousine and climb inside. We are silent for a bit. Then I decide to break the silence.

"Natsu? Where are we going?" I ask, wondering what I had to be so dressed up for.

"My parents arranged this..." He sighed.

"Do you know?" I glance at him, worry etched in my looks.

He shakes his head, "No, I'm sorry Luce," he leans forward.

Wendy sits quiet, but breaks the silence by saying, "I hope I can see Mama and Papa..."

We all stay quiet until we pull up in front of the old mansion. We see lots of cars and people. Then it dawns on me. It's a party. We all climb out and make our way inside. I see people who I hadn't in years, but it was mostly a crowd of strangers. Natsu calmly led us inside. We headed right to the Dragneel's. I had a sudden quick wave of nervousness, but it want away. When Mrs. Dragneel caught sight of me she smiled. She came over to me and embraced me.

"Lucy! What a surprise! And look! Wendy how are you dear?" She hugs her daughter.

"Mama, I've had the best time!" Wendy gushes. Her mother laughs and hugs her tighter. Natsu is lead away by his father and we stick by Mrs. Dragneel.

"Oh Wendy! One of my clients families is here! And I really wanted you to meet them," we follow her. We stop when she lightly taps a woman's shoulder. She turns and smiles at Mrs. Dragneel. Another man shakes her hand and then a guy about Wendy's age shakes her hand too.

Wendy blushes when she sees him but quickly recovers. Mrs. Dragneel introduces us. "This is my daughter Wendy, and a family friend Lucy Heartfilia," she motions to us. I smile and wave and Wendy gives a slight bow. We all leave Wendy and Romeo off to the side when he says, "You have an interesting color of hair.."

Mrs. Dragneel and I laugh a bit about how cute they are. Then she turns serious. "So how have you been without your father?"

"Just fine, and now I'm living with Natsu and Wendy so I'm perfectly happy," I tell her. She nods.

"I'm glad you're happy Lucy. I miss the days watching you and Natsu play together here. I always thought you two would grow up and get married," she sighs.

"Actually, about that, Natsu and I are dating," I tell her. She gasps and grabs me up in a hug. I laugh and hug her back.

"You've grown since I last saw you," a voice makes me stiffen. I am released by Mrs. Dragneel and she keeps a hand on my back as I turn to see my father. I glare at him.

"Oh don't look at your father that way," he says soothingly.

"What father? I don't recall having one," I snap back. He visibly cringed.

"Lucy, I'm sorry I haven't seen you in a while and-" I cut him off.

"A while? A while is a few months. It's been four years," I clench my fists.

"And I'm sorry Lucy," he apologizes.

"No you aren't! You have said sorry before and gone right back to sleeping with random women, drinking and gambling away everything!" I seethe.

"Lucy, please," he pleaded.

"No! You should have thought about this before you abandoned me for money and women!" I shout and run away with tears streaming down my face. Everyone stopped and looked from him to me as I crashed out the garden doors.

"Lucy!"

• * •

Chapter 14 - Flashback - preview

I was happy when she was alive. We all where. She was a beautiful ray of happiness and sunshine and she made everything better.

I sat there, tears on my cheeks, letting my mind slip back to a time I tried too hard to forget. I didn't want to suffer through that pain again. And it seemed all he did was bring it with him everywhere he went.