Confines Of Time

Say it..

There's no need to hesitate.

Be prepaired Jimmy..

As James Dean, nervous as often, took a deep breath and leaned back in his chair, he tried to keep it cool. But the expression in his eyes, behind his rimmed glasses, revealed his lostness.

On the one hand, the girl was very understanding and open-minded – but on the other hand the Italian girl had been brought up very conservative.. and catholic.

..Go on, Jim..

talk to each other like grown-ups do!

Then let her just say whatever she wants to say!

Just go on with someth'n like..

"It's Marlon Brando."

..

"Madonna! Chi?"

Fuck..This's goin' to end up great.

"O Jimmy, but.. how can you?"

"I dunno..

Pier. Guess y'll never understand.."

"What, solo perche son'una donna?"

She heard his shshing, but kept on rolling her eyes in her bambiest way..!

..No, not because you're a woman!

Because..

James knew Pier was the kind of woman, who didn't think much of men like Marlon –
in her eyes they promised you the moon, but what you finally got was ebbs and flow. 

Much to James' displeasement, she was right.
But who, if not himself, could handle ebbs and flow?

They were his life!

"Let me explain.. He's runnen' away from his own feelings.
Oh, just a sec, now Marcus' paw got tangled with the telephone wire.. hey... don'.."

He fiddled around nervously while Marcus, also completely confused, got even more tangled up.

Pier sighed.

"Yes, I remember him doing that.."

"It was every time I called you!"

With a little smile on his lips, he tilted his head to the side and freed Marcus from the wire.

"Alright, there you go.."

"Meow.. mew, purrr.."

"Oh, how is Marcus! Poverino.. you promise you give him a Baccione from me?"

"Sure."

Pier paused for a moment to collect her thoughts.

"Ecco.
So, you want'e me to go with you to that'e party in New York'on Saturday.
We're going to take'a'de plane in the morning.. But it's no gonna work'out, Jimmy. Marlon knows who i am.."

He might know who she was, but I don'even know if Marlon's ever gonna to show up..

James pondered.

"Otherwise we'd just go out and have a ball.."

This was the idea..

Pier laid her indexfinger in front of her lips.

"Ma no! I know, what I'm going to do:
Prendo una perrucca bionda!"

After a second of silence James took a deep puff of his cigarette chuckled slightly.

"Y're.. y're nuts. Y're sure ya wanna do tha'?",

Under a giggle he adjusted his glasses.

"Oh, yes!",

She hid a giggle herself,

"But you're still a little more.. nuts. Eh?"

This feeling of sharing childlike joy was still between them, Pier felt.

That teasing and sensitivity..

"..And y're sure, you wanna do this 'nuts idea' with me..?",

James muttered behind his cigarette, as Pier straightened up. Her whispering voice immediately becoming soft but serious.

"Eh, James. It is not nuts."

"It's not?"

"No, but it's late..It's almost 2.30AM."

"Not late for me.."

"Good night, Jimmy."

Pier softly chuckled.

"Night.."

---

The worry on his face turned into a dreamy smile, as he held his right hand in front of his chest with the telephone. James promised to himself this evening, that his so called "Maw" would, no matter what, always remain in his heart.

Time might have passed and changed their lifes forever, that was a matter of fact. So aware, their time they had together was buried in their past forever – did it have any inpact of what they were feeling for each other? 

With "time" humans could prove yesterdays and tomorrows, but could it hinder two humans breaking through the confines of time?

One couldn't turn it back,
but one couldn't stop it, neither.
And sometimes
time was a rebel, too.

---

Note:
Dear readers,

First of all i want to thank eveyone for reading this story:) How do you like it so far? This was a short chapter.. if you have any ideas for making it a bit longer, you're welcome to write your ideas / feedbacks in the comments below.

Keep on dreaming!

Your crazy, lovely, feelings.