Ice-Cooled Heat

Marlon couldn't have guessed that he would be hit in the left eye by the hard fist of a uncontrollable lump after leaving the night club one or two streets further - Apparently the guy was involved in a gang fight and his eye for the essentials fell victim to his adrenaline rush..

Meanwhile James Dean was driving homewards, he coincidentally passed the same street. As soon as he saw, what was going on on, he slammed his brakes.

"Now, don'tya mess with James Dean!"

He looked like a wild cat who hissed through his Chesterfield.

But the mean guy had only a mocking grin left for Marlon and spat at his feet. What a skunk!

Marlon staggered, holding his left hand at the bottom of his eye and his right hand in the air, he gave the see the jaguar actor a sign, warning him not to follow him

In that moment James Dean came shooting like a comet, admonished by Marlon's left hand and the other over his right eye. Distraught, but foolhardy as Lessie, James Dean felt called to whack this batshit crazy with his nasty stinky boots.

"Take your fucken' hands offa him or i'll kill you!"

Marlon pulled him energetically by the sleeve of his red jacket and stormed into the black night. Together they made their way to James' car, then..

ignition, heartblood, the roaring sound of Jimmy's motor.. now it was time for action.

---

"Take your foot from that gas, Jim!"

"'re you kidden' me?"

James just smirked and kept the speed high; and while he checked the limits with a devilish look on his face, Marlon reached over and snitched his cigarette right from the corner of his mouth. As he lazily slouched down into his car seat again, Marlon speculated that James might had been testing him on his loyality - oh, c'mon.. did Marlon Brando really need a racy ride on a spyder?

Marlon Brando still remembered Julie Harris' words:
She had undergone the same expirience with the young Caleb Trask interpreter during their time on Eden. She even said James Dean was like Tom Sawier, always pushing the envelope..

---

The way to James appartment luckily wasn't too far, situated in the middle of a cozy suburb of L.A., so Marlon agreed.
James didn't know how they would get along; Jimmy was drunk and the On The Waterfront actor was known to be a wild one.

The door flew open to the wooden house and as they walked in, James steadied himself on Marlon's shoulder.

Maybe he wasn't used to much alcohol, Marlon thought, that was why he got drunk easily.