Rebel With A Mission

It was this song which, accompanied by the crackling of that record which he had heard far too often and without any mercy, underlined that hopeless night, whose sad melody James listened to with attentive ears that very morning.

It was this old song which hurt his delicate heart. Broken, like vinyl.. black with grief. Bleeding in pain.. and it felt as empty as the dark moon that loured the sky - They either die or they go away.

They either die or they go away!

I want to die, like shooting stars do after they've shot across...

"I wanna die.."

---

The cream-coloured Siamese cat had come to keep him company and comfort him. James took him at once to stroke his silky fur.

"Marcus... no, stay.. stay.
Listen, i actually wanted to light myself a cigarette. But i won't.. Since i know, you don't like it. You never did."

Marcus mewed. There was something wrong with his master.. and with his right paw he carressed James' left hand.

"Remember when y had your claws stuck to that stupid ball?"

He hid a giggle, almost began crying; when Marcus lifted up the same paw and held it in front of his face.

"You're damn'right.. I'm not going to bury my head in that sand.. Self-pity's only killen' you.."

He sighed and stretched himself;

He needed someone.
Not anyone..

---

His best friend Bill 'Willie' Bast would understand him.. sure he did.

But as far as James knew, Bill was away for the week in London.. so he mused.. who could he trust...? In his situation, James wouldn't speak to anybody. No actors.. so talking to Natalie Wood was out of the question. No directors..

James opted for trying his luck with Lew Bracker, the insurance consultant. Like himself, Lew lived Close to Los Angeles. And James could meet him, whenever he wanted to – The Bracker's home always had an open door for him.

Beyond that, Lew was one of those friends with whom you could talk more than just small talk, you really could put your trust in him.

Lew was into fast cars as Jimmy was himself, and when it came to racing, both of them went super nerdy - Admittedly, speed was always more important to Jimmy than it was for Lew. Last but not least, Lew could call himself the proud owner of the white Porsche Speedster, which previously belonged to James Dean.

 Last but not least, Lew could call himself the proud owner of the white Porsche Speedster, which previously belonged to James Dean

- James Dean and Lew Bracker
at the 'Rebel' Set -

James bid goodbye to his beloved cat, threw on his red nylon jacket, put on his Jack Purcell's and finally set off on new adventures.