In the movies

"Bah!" came a voice from behind me. I was so startled that I gave a scream. I turned around to see Ash's grinning face.
"Ash- Ashlianna?!" I exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"
"I was about to ask you the same question," said Ash. "Anyway, I'm here with my family. Going for a movie together."
"Oh really?" I said. "What movie are you guys gonna watch?"
"My Dear Fallen Angel," said Ash. "It's about a woman that turned evil because of some unknown spirit."
Wait... so she's gonna be watching the same movie as us?
"No way!" I exclaimed. "We're watching the same movie too! Right mom?"
I looked over to my parents and saw them looking at me in confusion. Ash was just awkwardly standing there too. She smiled at them.
"Hi..." said Ash to which the nodded. "I'm Penelope's friend..."
They nodded again. Ash just left after giving one more nod while smiling. She didn't just leave, she ran away. She went to a table behind us. There were two people there, laughing at her. It was her parents. Ash looked almost exactly like her mother. She didn't look much like her father though. I just nodded at them and continued with my lunch.
"What just happened?" asked dad to my amusement. "She suddenly just appeared, scared you from the back, and ran away!"
"I know right," said mom. "She looks like a very cheerful girl."
I snickered as I remembered how mom thought she looked creepy the first time she saw her. After that, we went shopping at the drugstore. Mom was eyeing this lipstick. Thing is, I already bought her a lipstick. The same brand in the same shade...
Oh no what do I do? I should convince her to not buy it.
"No no this colour isn't suitable for you," I said. "Also, you already have so many lipsticks!"
"I finished it this morning," said mom. "It's my favourite shade!"
I groaned when I heard this. How am I gonna convince her to not buy it? Yes! I've got it!
"It's expensive here," I said. "I saw it on promotion online. Go buy it there."
"Really?" asked mom. "How much does the prize differ?"
"It's- It's buy one free one!" I said. "Yeah you can get two for the prize of one!"
"Really?" asked mom, pleasantly surprised. "Show me later, I'll buy it!"
"Sure!" I exclaimed. "I'll show you."
Phew, case closed. Wait... I have one more problem. I looked over at where dad was. He was at the perfume department. Aaaaand he was testing the exact same perfume that I bought him. Why me?
I quickly made a beeline for him.
"Whatcha buying?" I asked. "Perfume?"
"Well then why am I at the perfume section?" asked dad. "This perfume smells good."
"Oh really?" I said. "How much is it?"
"Quite cheap," said dad. "Only 25 bucks."
"You know," I said. "I saw the same perfume for a 50% discount online."
"Really?" asked dad. "I think I'll buy it there instead."
"Yes you should," I said. "It's expensive here."
So I spent the rest of the shopping spree making sure they don't buy what I've already bought them. It's a good thing I succeeded. Now to think of a way to prevent them from going online shopping. I guess I need to think up a distraction.
The movie was about to start in fifteen minutes time. We rushed to the cinema floor of the mall and bought popcorn and drinks, again. The thing is, the popcorn usually finishes before the movie even starts or only lasts for ten minutes into the movie at its best.
We sat ourselves at the back row and suddenly, three people came in. Three familiar people. Their seat number was next to us. I sat in between my parents, but changed places with mom to sit next to one of the people. Ash. It was her and her parents.
"Does she know?" I heard her mom whispered to her. "Does she know your secret mission?"
Ash nodded at her.
"Don't worry, she can keep it as a secret," Ash whispered back. "She's my best friend."
"Awww that's so sweet, Ash," I said. "I've literally only known you for like a week, I'm already your bestie."
"You're the only one I can talk to at school," said Ash. "You're my only friend."
"Shh quite you two," said Ash's mom when the lights went dim. "The movie's about to start."
"No the ads are about to start," said Ash, and instantly an ad for another movie started. "See?"
"Yeah whatever," said her mom.
The movie finally started, and we watched it. It was a good movie. Kinda scary at first but it became sad. The woman was a very kind woman before being taken over by an evil spirit. She was still trying to protect her son, despite being controlled by the evil spirit. At the end, she was freed and was finally reunited with her family.
"Aww...." said Ash. "Poor Julie..."
"I know right," I said, looking into my popcorn box. To my dismay, it was empty.
I sighed and continued to watch.
Actually, this was my first time watching a movie with my friend. Usually I would only go with my parents. This time was supposed to be the same too, but then, there was a twist.
We left the theatre and went home after saying goodbye to Ash and her family. I remembered to keep calling Ash as Ashlianna instead of Ash. I would've blown her cover if I called her Ash in front of my parents.
We had dinner at a Chinese restaurant together. We had a very big meal and was so stuffed that we kinda found it hard to walk afterwards. We went home and just sat around. My mom was watching some short clips of some superhero movie while I was listening to some 80's music videos. Wait why is this the other way around? She's watching the trendy stuff while I'm watching the nostalgic stuff. Well... I guess I'm old on the inside or something, I don't know.
We went to bed pretty late. Ash was texting me how her parents were bombarding her with questions about me. She somehow explained to them and they said that I should actually know more so that I can help. Yay! I am now a detective sidekick. I have no idea what's gonna happen...