A Moment| 34

After finishing my conversation with Javier, I finished my glass of wine, tipped the bartender, and headed upstairs. Upon entering the room, I noticed Sebastian standing by the bed with a towel wrapped around his waist and what looked like my carry on bag. "Where'd you go?" He asked. I averted my gaze and tried my best to push down the thoughts of what Javier has told me.

"To get a drink, is that mine?"

"Yeah, I had Amara pack you some things and bring it on her way here. She just dropped it off." He said.

I nodded and silently thanked him before gathering some stuff and heading to the bathroom. The hotels' bathroom was extremely luxurious. They had the jacuzzi bathtub and everything. I decided to just take a long shower and think about how this whole sleeping thing is gonna work out.

I could very well sleep in Amara's room. I just have to text her and see if it's okay when I get out of the shower. I'd much rather share a room with her than Sebastian. I'm more than likely be up all night thinking about everything Javier said regardless of where I slept though.

After my shower, I got dressed in the bathroom and texted Amara before reentering the room. It was dark and I could see the outline of Sebastian's body on the couch. My phone buzzed as I walked toward the bed and I quickly looked at it. I sighed after reading Amara's response.

Her message read: "Sorry, I had to stay at a different hotel about 7k away because that one didn't have any available rooms. You can surely stay with me tomorrow if you guys decide to stay in Florence!"

I sighed as I continued to walk over to the bed. "Nyla?"

"Yeah?"

I turned my head and squinted as I looked at The slight shadow Sebastian's body cast. "I don't mean to be so hard to work with all the time. I just haven't been having the best day. I don't mean to upset you." He said lowly. It sounded like a genuine apology and to be honest, it surprised me more than a little bit.

"I-Uh...it's really not okay. I guess I get where you're coming from, but we're adults and this relationship relies on communication. You gotta let me know when something's wrong instead of being a dick."

"I know and I'm gonna try. Talking about how I feel isn't my strong suit." He sighed. "Trust me I know. We'll work on it though."

€€€

I woke up the next morning to the sound of Sebastian loudly speaking in Italian. "No! I don't want to go on hold! Don't you dare put me on hold your asshole!" He shouted.

I sat up while rubbing the sleep from my eyes. He was pacing in front of the bed shirtless. Strands of his hair were out of place and falling into his eyes while he clenched his jaw tightly. He made frustration look so good. I sighed heavily and stretched a bit before heading towards the bathroom. "Nyla please be quick I have to get you to my mother so she can get you ready for this." He called.

By 3 pm I was fully dressed with my makeup and hair done. All I had to do now was wait for Sebastian to arrive. "Bella! You look so beautiful!" Sarah smiled. "Thank you, Mrs. Romano. This is really great."

"Oh, it's no problem."

A knock at the door caught both of our attention and we turned to see who it was. "Come in!"

The door opened and Sebastian sauntered in wearing nicely tailored dress pants and a crisp button-down. His hair was pushed back out of his face and his eyes seemed to look a little greener today. "Hey mum, can we have a minute?"

"No problem."

Sarah offered me one last smile before exiting the room, shutting the door behind her. "You look stunning." He commented. "Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself."

He smiled down at me and reached into his pocket to pull out a black square box. "My jeweler thought this would go well with your dress." He said as he opened the box to show me the contents.

Inside was a sparkly diamond necklace. Real diamonds. My eyes nearly popped out of my head at the sight. "This is beautiful," I mumbled as I pulled it out of the box.

I turned to the mirror behind me and held up to my neck to see how it'd look. His jeweler was correct it did go perfectly with the dress. "Here let me."

He gently took the necklace from my hands while I moved my hair out of the way. I watched him in the mirror as he carefully places it on my neck and clamped it. I smiled when he finished and turned to look up at him. "This is really nice, thank you."

"Consider it a gift for stressing you out all the time." He smiled. I took a second to admire his smile. His teeth were so white and straight and his dimples were adorable. When I looked into his eyes, I couldn't quite place the emotion behind them. But he looked at me in a way I hadn't seen before.

Unexpectedly he lifted his hand and tucked some of my hair behind my ear. His hand lingered on my cheek and I couldn't help but melt into his touch as we held eye contact.

Just as he started leaning in, the moment we were having was interrupted by a swift knocking on the door. "Uh come in." I turned my head to look at Amara as she entered the room. "Damn you look hot!" She exclaimed. "Quite the charmer, Amara," Sebastian said sarcastically.

"I'll see you downstairs." He said to me. I nodded and it was quiet until he left the room. Soon as the door shut she squealed and clapped her hands. "Did I just walk in on a moment?" She asked eagerly.

"No." I laughed. "Did you want it to be?"

"Amara you crack me up," I said as I shook my head and laughed. I avoided her question, so I wouldn't have to say what I really felt. Did I really want it to have been a moment?