The Big Pink Bear| 50

(Sebastian's POV)

I couldn't tell her what happened. I couldn't tell her about what I'd found out. We were just getting somewhere. But then I go and let what I know control me and cause the first fight of our relationship.

I stared down at her brown skin as the moonlight hit her perfectly. She was sleeping soundly and I was watching. I couldn't sleep so I came to check on her. As I turned to leave my phone began to vibrate in my pocket. I quickened my pace out of the door and checked to see who it was. It didn't come as a shocker to me that it was Lourdes. He said he'd call as soon as he had some info for me.

"Lourdes, what'd you find?"

"Not much. It's like she just reappeared out of thin air." He sighed. "If she's back..."

"I know, Nyla's in danger." I gritted. "You're I'm danger."

"I don't care about me. She's all that matters right now. If Jules is really alive I have to get Nyla somewhere safe." I plotted. "If she's alive, it rings the question, who else is?"

"Goddamn it. Lourdes please just keep looking into this. I've got to figure out a contingency plan." I sighed.

I hung up and sighed heavily as my shoulders hung in frustration. Lourdes was Right if Jules is alive then who else could pop up next? 647? God, I hope not. Regardless, Jules is alive and when I thought I saw her outside of that wedding. I'm not that crazy. But why come back now? What could she possibly want?

If she's been alive all this time and no one knew about it she has to want something. She has to have something planned.

"Sebastian?"

I turned to see Nyla in the bedroom doorway. "Hey, sweetheart," I said quietly. She entered the room quietly and wrapped her arms around me from behind. She rested her head on my back and we stood me in front of the windows in silence. She didn't have to say anything and I felt the slightest bit calmer.

It amazed me that she had that effect on me. Just her touch could ease my anxiety. "You okay?" She whispered. "Yeah, love. I just can't sleep."

"You want some tea?" She asked. "That would be lovely, but I don't want you to let go of me."

I could feel her smile against my skin and she said, "come on baby, you can hold my hand while I get your tea."

(Nyla's POV)

I woke up the next morning bright and early with a bright smile on my face. Waking up beside Sebastian made me feel elated. What made me feel even better was the look of adoration Sebastian gave me when he saw that I'd prepared him breakfast.

"I love you, you know that?" He asked

"Of course and I love you too."

After breakfast Sebastian and I went to our meetings, we had lunch together and then we got in the car to head to our last two meetings of the day. "Ugh, my feet are killing me." I moaned as I took my heels off.

"Luckily for you, I brought these," Sebastian said. He reached into the bag he brung out this morning and passed me my Nike slides. "You're always thinking." I commended him and kissed his cheek to thank him.

"Hopefully the potential buyers will show up after us, so they don't have to see me walk in these."

Sebastian chuckled and shook his head. "One of them is a woman so I'm sure she'll understand your pain."

"All depends on what kinda lady she is."

"True." He smiled. As I put my feet in my slides I noticed how Sebastian's phone beeped a couple of times. He looked down at it and put in his pocket where it vibrated and beeped a few more times. "Who is it?" I asked.

"Lourdes." He shrugged. I looked at him skeptically but only nodded my head in reply.

"You gonna get it?" I asked slowly. "Nah. He probably doesn't need anything. He likes to send several messages to convey one message. It's kind of annoying." He shrugged.

"Hmm."

It was silent aside from the casual vibration from Sebastian's phone. After a while he finally checked it and for some reason, a very noticeable change occurred in his facial features. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah."

He put his phone away but continued to look disconsolate throughout the rest of the day.

Around 7 I joined him in the living room, dressed to go out. I wasn't sure where we were going through. He only told me to dress casually and be ready by 7:03 pm

"Where are we going?" I asked as he stood in front of the mirror fixing his hair. "On our first date." He smiled.

"Ohh okay. But where at?"

"The pier." He replied. Once he was ready he grabbed my hand And we were off.

We arrived at the pier and spent two hours getting on rides and playing games. This was the most relaxed I'd ever seen him in public. "You got this baby! We're going for the big one!"

I stood a few steps behind Sebastian and encouraged him while he played basketball for the big bear I wanted. He was terrible at basketball, but I was gonna encourage him anyway. When he lost for the third time I decided to play instead. "You're not the best at this game love." He whispered from behind me.

"Eh, It's worth the shot."

Five minutes later and Sebastian was picking out a prize with a pout. "Give him the pink one please," I told the guy. He smiled graciously and grabbed the large pink teddy bear. "Here you go, sir."

"Thanks," Sebastian grumbled.