Epilogue

Two months later...

(Nyla's POV)

It has been two months since Evie and I took on Seattle. I'd been counting the days since we left and wondering how things were back home. Jace hardly ever kept me up to speed with any drama which I guess I was grateful for. While I wish I could say every day there was a movie for Eve and me, it wasn't. We spent so many late nights at the office sorting through finances and budgets. When we weren't at work we were usually doing completely different things. I took on a self-defense class and Evangeline was working on opening up a dance studio.

"Nyla if you squeeze any harder you'll break my hand." Evangeline winced. "Sorry," I mumbled.

I was laid on my stomach half-naked while a guy named Rufus tattooed my back. When I felt like the wounds healed good enough I decided to get a tattoo to cover the scars. Today was the day and gratefully Evangeline came with me for moral support. She didn't ask me any questions when she saw them, she only smiled and held my hand. "It's okay. Just let up a bit." She chuckled.

This was one of the few times we actually had to relax and do something together. Usually, when we had the chance to, we binged watched Netflix and talked about her latest hookup. It was some guy that lived a few minutes away from me. She wanted to keep the air of mystery alive so she never told me his name. I only ever saw him in pictures.

I was happy that she had some sort of sex life. Meanwhile, I hadn't been with anyone since I left New York. I had no desire to seek anyone out either. I gained about 8 pounds, I was always tired, and emotional and I barely wanted to leave the house when I didn't have to.

"How's It looking?" I asked. "Pretty good so far," Evie replied.

I decided to get a larger tattoo that would cover the scars however I didn't choose one that was really huge and filled out. The most daunting parts of the scars would be covered but the lighter and less visible parts would peak out still. A momentum of my will of endurance.

I decided to go with a dragon because I thought it was pretty and it symbolized strength. "You still wanna stop at the store after?" She asked after looking up from her phone. "Yeah, I gotta pick up a few things."

She nodded silently and I was left to my thoughts. I hadn't told Evangeline the real purpose of going to the store after. I didn't think I should get her excited in case she was paying too much attention to my behavior lately. I was far too emotional than usual and just the smell of some of my favorite foods made me sick. Not only that but I was late. Far too late not to be considering what I was considering.

After getting my tattoo finished, we went straight to the grocery store. "I'll get some cleaning stuff, you pick out food You can make for dinner."

"Ay ay, Captain." She saluted. I chuckled and we went out separate ways down the aisles. I stacked the cart with all the cleaning stuff I needed before heading towards the aisle with all the bath and feminine products. I went through the vast selection of pregnancy tests, reading all the labels until I came across a brand that sounded promising. I grabbed two boxes and put them in the cart before rushing to self-checkout.

When we got back to my place, she went straight to the kitchen and I went upstairs. I wasn't quite prepared to take the tests. There were so many pros and cons to being pregnant. I knew I wanted kids and I didn't doubt that I'd do my best to be an amazing parent. But on the other hand, I knew exactly who the father was and he had already made it clear that he didn't want kids. Maybe if I'm pregnant I just won't tell him.

I scolded myself at the thought of ever keeping something like that from him. He deserved to know and maybe just maybe he'd have a change of heart. I sat on the toilet and took both of the tests I got and waited on the edge of the tub for the results.

"Nyla I wanted to make Paella but now I think I'm going to—what the fuck!" Evangeline screeched as she burst into my bathroom. "Evie don't you know how to knock! Jeez!"

"I'm sorry I was just—I...it doesn't even matter. Are you—do you really think you're...?"

I sighed heavily as I nodded. She let out a breath of air and leaned against the sink. "I mean it would explain a lot if we're being honest." She noted. "Like what?"

"I told you your skin was glowing the other day and you cried. You were crying for like two hours after talking to Javi and Kayla. You pee every thirty minutes, you're always tired, and I know you don't think I know but...a couple of times that I've stayed over I hear you at like 6-8 in the morning hurling. You literally threw up after smelling my sushi last week, and you love sushi. Then there's the obvious, you haven't gotten your period."

I sighed as my shoulders slouched. "That obvious huh?"

"Pretty much."

It was silent for a minute after that. "Have you thought about what you want to do if you are?" She asked. "Well, I'm keeping it of course. I don't know how I'm gonna tell Sebastian though."

"I'm sure he'd be happy. Even though it was a little rocky between you two before you left he loves you and I don't doubt that he'll accept this baby." She said. "Yeah, I hope so."

"And if he doesn't...well...we'll just hire some guys to beat him up and find your baby a new daddy." She joked as she poked my belly button. I laughed at her silliness and admired her ability to get me not to worry so much.

When our laughter subsided a set of beeps filled the quiet room. She and I looked at each other and the anxiety set in. "Do you want me to check?"

I nodded and stood to pace the floor while she looked at the tests sitting on the counter. "They're...both positive." She said.

I let a breath I didn't know I was holding and covered my mouth with my hand as tears filled my eyes. "Seriously?"

She nodded in response and came to pull me into the rug. "You're pregnant."