"That is so sad," Amanda said, shock in her eyes. "We should celebrate by going out, getting some cake."

"I don't like....aahhhhhh!" I jumped back knocking into Amanda.

"Watch it!" Amanda stared at me in confusion.

I kept pointing at the elevator buttons.

Amanda followed my gaze. "Oh, it's just a spider," Amanda said casually. She took off one of her shoes and smashed it against the spider. She glanced at the back of her shoe and then wiped it against the wall of the elevator before putting the shoe back on.

"What world are you guys from?" I stared at her in shock and amazement. Reminder to tell management about the spiders.

"Spiders aren't' scary," Amanda replied. "An unwanted pregnancy, now that's scary."

Amanda's response broke me out of shock. "You are so strange." The elevator doors opened and I made a beeline to my apartment.

"I can say the same about you," Amanda said as she casually strolled toward the apartment.

I quickly unlocked the door. "Don't come in yet."

"Why?" Amanda stared at me in confusion before I ran inside.

"You're back," Jane called out from the kitchen. She was sitting on one of the stools on the island.

"Can you toss me that tube of anti-bacterial wipes?" I pointed toward the spot near the sink.

Jane got up and grabbed it before tossing it to me.

I caught it and quickly opened the tube. I took a wipeout and handed it to Amanda. "Please wipe your shoe."

"See, strange." Amanda took the wipe and brushed it against the back of her shoe.

"Okay, come in." I moved to the side so that she could come over.

Amanda slid out of her shoes while I directed her to toss the wipe into the trash can.

"I was wondering whether I will see you again," Amanda said when she saw Jane.

"Wait, wash your hands too." I pulled her toward the sink.

"Come on Cara," Amanda muttered in annoyance as she washed her hands.

"We were bound to run into each other again," Jane stated.

"Is this clean enough for you?" Amanda held her hands up for me to see.

"Good." I gave her a paper towel to dry her hands while I turned off the faucet with another paper towel.

Amanda tossed her towel into the trash can before taking a seat next to Jane.

"So what are two girls up to," Jane said as she tried her best to slowly distance herself away from Amanda. The girl did not know a thing about boundaries.

I walked over to the other side of the island so that I had a good enough space between them.

"I was just asking Cara that," Amanda answered. "I want Cara to have a proper birthday."

"What's the point of celebrating getting older?" I replied with disdain.  "After turning twenty-one, is it really worth it?"

"Ah-greed," Jane emphasized with a clap of her hands.

"How old are you?" Amanda studied Jane, trying to figure out her age.

"That information is only for me to know and for everyone to bug off," Jane stated.