Chapter 21

It's Huaze Lei's first day back at school after finding his soulmate and to say that he was met with endless teasing from his friends would be an understatement. You swear you have never seen him smile and blush so much in your life.

Everywhere Lei goes, Shancai follows with her hand engulfed in his. And from the looks of it, they are falling for each other already.

It's easy to see that they are perfect matches for each other. Lei's calm and easy going nature balances out the bold, and one could even say rambunctious, Shancai. And even though it may seem like they are polar opposites, they do have quite a few things in common.

After classes end, you thought it would be nice to have a double date with the new soulmate pair. So the four of you head to a nearby bowling alley.

"All of you are going down." Shancai glares playfully at the three of you as you wait for the game to start. As soon as the monitor on the screen turns on, the game begins.

Shancai goes first, walking up confidently to the bowling lane. She grabs a neon pink bowling ball, taking a few seconds to get into the correct position before tossing the ball at the set of pins. You all watch in suspense as the ball takes its time rolling down the lane, slowly drifting to the left side before hitting a measly two pins. She tries again, the ball going straight into the gutter this time.

"I just uh..I need to warm up first, you know?" She says with a look of embarrassment, walking back to her seat.

"Yeah, sure." You say, your tone dripping with sarcasm. She simply sticks her tongue out at you while Lei rubs her back with encouragement.

It's Si's turn, so he gets up next. "Watch this." He winks at you cockily before grabbing a ball and expertly throwing it down the lane. To your surprise, he gets a perfect strike.

He sits back down next to you, seeming pleased at the shocked and impressed look on your face. "But we-how did you-"

"Skill, baby, it's all skill." He says with a smirk.

"Well, let's see how much of that I have.." You mutter as you see your name light up on the scoreboard. It's your turn.

You stand up, grabbing a purple ball. Taking a deep breath, you toss the ball down the lane. Just hoping that it doesn't go into the gutter, you're pleasantly surprised when you see six pins fall. You test your luck once again and you grin when you hit the rest of the pins. You didn't expect to get a strike, so you're certainly not going to refuse a spare.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Si grins widely at you, giving you a high five.

Then it's Lei's turn. Unlike Si, he doesn't step up with total confidence and cockiness. Instead, he's very nonchalant about the whole thing. Graceful, even.

So when he gets a perfect strike with what seems like almost no effort at all, your jaw drops. "Looks like you have competition." You raise an eyebrow at Si who looks fairly threatened. If you know one thing about your boyfriend, it's that he doesn't like to lose.

"Oh, it's on." Si crosses his arms in front of his chest, narrowing his eyes at his friend, now turned foe. As Lei locks eyes with Si, he only smirks in return. This is war.

About an hour later, Lei comes out on top. Si is not too far behind, losing by only three points. And you clearly underestimated Shancai because she beat you by eleven points. You don't care much about losing, you just know that she won't let you live this down for a while.

"Alright, I think it's about time for us to head out. I have an early class tomorrow."

The four of you say your goodbyes and while Lei and Shancai leave, you and Si stay back for a little bit just to talk. You're not in a rush, since the both of you are off tomorrow.