Chapter 4

Why? Just why did the universe decide to make your life such a mess?

This question swirls through your head constantly as you look out the window of Si's car. You had done what he asked, telling your parents that you won't be coming home tonight because you will be with your soulmate.

The only thing Si had told you was that he was taking you to his house. He wouldn't say anything else. So you sit silently throughout the whole ride, hoping that nothing too crazy happens when you get there. You don't have the energy for anymore surprises.

Soon enough, he pulls into a long driveway. Your jaw drops when you see the enormous mansion that he brought you to. You knew that he was rich, but this is just on a whole 'nother level.

"Y-you live here?" You gape at him. You know it's a stupid question but you need confirmation anyway. He simply nods before opening the door and getting out of the car.

You get out as well, rushing to his side. You two walk to the door, heading inside the large house.

And you find it hard to believe that the inside is more beautiful than the outside, but it is. The walls are a pristine, off-white color and not a single object is out of place. You're afraid to even walk, let alone touch anything.

"This house is beautiful." You comment offhandedly as you continue looking around.

"Why, thank you." You're startled by an unfamiliar voice. You're not sure where it's coming from until you see an older lady emerging from one of the many hallways.

She smiles brightly at the two of you, amusement sparkling in her eyes. She leans against her cane as she takes her time to study the two of you. "You're finally back, Si. And you've brought a guest! Is this your-"

"Yes...she is." He interrupts quickly. Si moves slightly away from your side, not enough to break the contact but enough for you to notice.

"That's wonderful!" The older woman looks pleased as she looks between the both of you. "What's your name, dear?"

"Uhh, my name is Y/n. Nice to meet you ma'am."

"Please..." She scoffs with a small smile, waving you off. "..call me grandma."

"Um-"

"That's enough." Si interrupts once again, rolling his eyes. "We'll be upstairs. Please have dinner sent to my room." You don't have time to gape at how disrespectful he is to his elder, let alone his own grandmother before he is taking your hand and dragging you up the stairs.

"Why would you talk to her like that?" You ask, slightly appalled by his rude behavior.

"She was getting on my nerves." He says nonchalantly with a shrug as you reach the top of the stairs, turning down a long hallway.

"Unbelievable." You mumble under your breath as he pulls you along.

You finally reach his room and he opens the door, revealing a large space with navy blue walls. It doesn't even look like a bedroom, more like an apartment. He has a large bed, a couch, a coffee table, and anything else you could have dreamed to have in your room. It hasn't hit you how rich he is until this very moment.

"Welcome to my room, I guess." He says, sounding more than bored. "We're stuck to each other all night so tell me what you want to do until dinner arrives."

This is the first time you've been alone with Daoming Si since you found out that he's your soulmate. Not to mention that you're in his house, and in his bedroom. You're suddenly very nervous.

"Umm, we could...watch TV?" You squeak out quickly, in fear that you were taking too long. You know that it's a lame idea, but you really can't think of anything else.