Chapter 16

A/N: these next few chapters are dedicated to Millsie_4_Lyfeeee for giving me this amazing plot idea!! i hope you guys enjoy ❤

______

"Are you gonna tell me why you're bouncing in your seat like that?" Si asks, raising his eyebrow at your antics. He has picked you up from university and you're sitting in the passenger seat of his car, not able to stay still.

"I'm excited." You smile widely at him and he gives you a weird look.

"About what?"

"One of my friends from high school is coming to visit. She moved away for university but her parents still live in this area."

"Oh, that's great!" He's glad that you're getting the chance to reunite with an old friend.

"She asked me to meet her for dinner later tonight. She also wanted me to bring you along, I've told her a lot about you and she wants to meet you."

"Sure." He shrugs.

Later that night, you and Si arrive at a restaurant fairly close to your school. Walking in, you quickly spot a young woman with wide doe eyes and short jet black hair.

She smiles widely, waving you over and standing up to greet you. You let go of Si's hand to give her a warm hug.

"Hey Shancai! How have you been?" You grin as you pull away.

"I've been great, my classes have been going well. My break just started so I decided to come down here and visit for a while. What about you?"

"It's been a rough couple of weeks, to say the least. But things are definitely getting better."

"I'm glad to hear that." Her eyes drift to Si, who stands slightly behind you awkwardly. "I assume that this is your soulmate?" She smiles at him.

"Ah, yes." You chuckle. "Shancai, this is my soulmate Daoming Si. Si, this is my friend Shancai."

"It's nice to meet you." He grins, stepping forward and shaking her hand.

"You as well. Why don't we sit down?"

You nod and the three of you settle at the table she saved. You and Si sit next to each other on one side while Shancai sits on the other side.

The two of you begin chatting away as if nothing has changed, as if you are back in high school. It makes you realized how much you've missed her.

Before long, the waitress arrives to take your order. You've been here multiple times so you immediately know what you want. Shancai, however, takes a bit more time.

After you finally finish ordering, you decide to go use the bathroom. You don't want to be interrupted while you're eating. "I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be back."

The two of them nod, and you head off to the restroom. You do your business and after a few minutes, you head back out to the main area of the restaurant.

Si immediately gives you a look when you sit back down next to him, one that you can't seem to decipher. You furrow your eyebrows at him, deciding to leave it alone for now since Shancai is there. If it's that important, you can talk about it later.

With seemingly perfect timing, the waitress arrives with your food. She places the warm bowls on the table and you thank her before digging in.

"How's your meal?" You ask Shancai.

"It's great!" She smiles. "I can't believe I've never been here before. Did this restaurant just open up?"

"It's been here for about a year now so yes, it's pretty new. I try to branch out and try new dishes every time I come here but I just end up ordering my favorite because it's so delicious."

She laughs. "I do the exact same thing."

You notice Si is being kind of quiet so you nudge him gently. "You okay?" You ask softly.

He nods, glancing up at you. You notice his eyes drift to Shancai before he looks back down at his food. "I'm fine, just hungry." He mumbles.

You don't really believe him, but you'll take that answer for now.

The three of you finish your meal and Shancai offers to cover the whole bill. You tell her that she really doesn't have to but she insists.

"Let's hang out more before you go back, okay? Text me when you're free." You give her a warm hug as you get ready to leave.

"Of course! I'll see you soon, Y/n."

You wave back at her as you and Si leave the restaurant. He's silent as the two of you head to the car.

"Si."

"Hm?" He had already put the key in the ignition, about to start driving when you grabbed his attention.

"What's wrong?" You ask, turning to him as much as you can in the passenger's seat.

"Nothing." He mumbles with a small shrug of his shoulders.

You sigh. "I know that's not true. Please don't lie to me." You grab his hand, squeezing it tightly.

"It's not important, I'm probably just overreacting. Don't worry about it."

"It's bothering you, then just tell me."

"Fine." He sighs heavily. "It happened while you were in the bathroom. Shancai was just asking me these really personal questions and she kept touching me. I didn't push her away because I didn't want to be rude."

You furrow your eyebrows, trying to process this information. "What?"

"See? I told you, it's stupid."

"No, it's not that." You wave him off with one hand. "You're right, it's kind of weird."

You think to yourself. She can't possibly be doing what you think she's doing, she's your friend. And plus, she's a very friendly person. That must be it. It has to be.

"Well, Shancai is a very friendly and touchy person and she can overstep boundaries without meaning to. I'm sure she didn't mean any harm." You try your best to shrug it off.

"You know her better than I do so I guess I'll take your word for it. I just thought she was flirting with me, the whole situation was pretty weird."

"If she made you that uncomfortable, then I can tell her-"

"No, it's fine. There's no need to make a big deal out of it, I just thought you should know just in case."

"Okay, as long as you're sure. Now let's go." You kiss his cheek softly, making him grin before he begins pulling out of the parking lot.