*- 55 - Who's to say we can't make some more?

Start from the beginning

"I was thinking somewhere after Easter break. Maybe the twenty-fourth of May, right before the NEWTs."

"No, not that day" I said immediately. He frowned.

"Why not?"

"The twenty-fourth is just not a good day", I shrugged. There were no good memories attached to the twenty-fourth for Y/N and I didn't want to add another one.

"Okay then. What about the twenty-second?" George add and I shrugged.

"Sure."

"Is it because of Y/N? That you don't want to do the twenty-fourth?" George asked. He could always tell.

"Yeah, I just don't want to do that if there are other possibilities."

"You're not getting over her, are you?" I sighed.

"Not by a long shot."

"And are you ever going to get over her?" I sighed again? Was I? I liked to believe so, but I knew I was lying to myself.

"Not very likely", I mumbled.

"Then just ask her out again. It's inevitable anyway", George said and stopped what he was doing. It sounded so simple when he said it like that.

"Because she's busy now with her potions stuff and we've got our exit soon and then we've got the shop and it's just a lot. And I'm not ever sure she wants that."

"Is she staying for the holidays?"

"Haven't asked her yet."

"Well, do that before she makes other plans. If you're not sure, then wait for the summer holidays." I nodded. That seemed like a likely option. That would've been the best option if I didn't have the urge to kiss her every time I saw her.

"I think you should just be honest with her, because that's what went wrong last time. Maybe tell her about our plans. Tell her how you feel and that maybe during summer holidays, things can go back to the way it was", George said.

"But it's a secret."

"Y/N can keep a secret. You do you, brother. But you'll end up together anyway, so it's best to just avoid drama."

I sighed again. He was right. I couldn't imagine not dating Y/N ever again, so what was I waiting for? Because I was scared of a rejection? Being a coward had gotten me exactly in this spot. I knew that it was no use fighting it and after hearing about her patronus, I felt such an incredible feeling that could only be described as love. Why did things have to be so complicated?

YOUR POV

All my friends were sitting in front of the fireplace, but I still had a couple more inches to write before I had finished my Wolfsbane essay. I was so sick of it, though.

"Come on Y/N, we miss you!" George cooed from where he was sitting on the couch.

"Almost", I said tiredly. Fred stood up and walked over.

"You can finish that tomorrow." He closed my book, took away my quill and threw it to the other side of the table.

"Hey", I said, not really wanting to write anyway, but still concerned about the well-being of my quill. Those things are expensive.

"Come on", he said and grabbed my arm. He dragged me to the rest of the group, picked me up and threw me on the couch. I squealed as I bounced back, lost balance and tumbled onto the floor.

"Sorry about that", Fred laughed and helped me up. I pushed him away playfully and laid back down, taking up the entire couch, so Fred had nowhere to sit.