He stands and gives his most dazzling smile. "You must be Kayla's parents. I'm Robert, her -"

"My boyfriend." I finish as my dad about strangles his hand.

"Well, this is looking a bit cramped, let's see about maybe pushing another table over." Matthew says as Robert manages to get me to sit back down.

I stare daggers at my sister throughout dinner, barely saying a word.

"Okay, what's wrong with you now?" My mom demands as we wait for dessert.

I stoo stirring my straw in my tea and look up. "Nothing."

"That's a lie."

"Right, yeah sorry. I forgot you never believe a word I say." I give a small smile.

"Kayla,"

"No, I told you what I was doing with my life and you felt the need to completely change everything because it didn't fit with what you want me to be. Well, I'm sorry I'm not a prudish homebody that moonlights as a nun and is taking the journalism world by storm." I say with a sarcastic and aggravated tone.

"Can you not cause a scene?" My dad demands.

"Hey, Mom started it. Ask her, not me." I look down at the table.

"So, Robert, my sister mentioned that you're an actor." Grace changes the topic.

"Yes, small time unfortunately. I'm actually helping choreograph the show I'm currently in. That's mostly on weekends though, since I work part time over at Universal." He says.

I tilt my head as my dad scoffs and shakes his head. "And?"

"Pardon?" My dad looks at me, his anger in his eyes.

"Well it seems like you have something you want to say, so what is it?" I question.

"Now isn't the time." He says.

"I think it is. There's hardly anyone around and dessert seems to be in a different country, so come on out with it."

"Kaylaa, stop it." My mom scolds.

"No, I want to know what he has to say." I look at my dad.

"Alright. For starters, how dare you bring this guy to a family dinner,"

"Which I didn't know was a family dinner." I mutter.

"And you've just sunk so low. You could do great things but you don't care and that's obvious. Your roommate is despicable, and now this young man -"

"Okay, that's enough! I will sit here and listen to whatever you have to say about me, but don't you dare talk about my friends like you know them. And Robert, he is an amazing guy, and if you haven't noticed I'm an adult and don't need your approval." I say standing up. "Thank you and goodnight."

I turn and storm off.

Pushing out the door, I shiver and cross my arms around myself as I start walking towards the parking garage.

"Stop! Kay, stop!"

I plant my feet, letting Robert catch up.

"What was - are you okay?"

"It doesn't matter. Okay, nothing matters." I say flatly.

"I mean, I know you said you don't get along with your parents..." Robert looks at me.

"I don't. I just- I've lived most my life with them berating me like that, but the second he mentioned you..." I shake my head.

Robert pulls me into a hug, rubbing my back.

I step back and clear my throat. "I shouldn't have walked out like that." I say.

"You're good. I grabbed your jacket and paid." Robert says.

"Okay, I'll pay you back."

Robert gives me a half smile. "I thought the boyfriend always pays."

"Yeah but they don't always have to sit through the Jones family dinner version of the Cold War." I say sarcastically.

"There's my girl." Robert says with a laugh.

I manage a faint smile.

"Let's head back to my place, I'm sure I have something for dessert."

"No, I - just take me to my apartment. I need to be alone." I say as I walk to his car.

Ok so I know it's not Monday or Friday and again I'm an asshole for not posting on Monday but!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! Because of all you lovely peeps actually giving two shits about this crap of mine, it's in a #1 spot! I'm completely stunned, astonished, and a third synonym for surprised! You guys are amazing and so to say thank you, not on...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! Because of all you lovely peeps actually giving two shits about this crap of mine, it's in a #1 spot! I'm completely stunned, astonished, and a third synonym for surprised! You guys are amazing and so to say thank you, not only have I posted today, but I'll put up 2 maybe 3 chapters tomorrow.

And on that note, have any of you actually watched the Witcher on Netflix? Because I mean, Henry Cavill has always been pretty hot but that look is just so fucking sexy! I'm debating on if Geralt of Rivia is about to get a story from me....still undecided and would love feedback on that!

Anyways, again thank you all for liking 'Loved and Alive' and getting it a #1 rank, it means so much to me, you have no idea. Ok well you probably have an idea, but like just tip of the iceberg. Or no probably more like a quarter of the iceberg because I can kknda express how much this means to me, but not entirely.
Long story short! Thank you for the love and support and stay tuned because I've got more coming soon!!!

*not all of it is Starkid sorry loves*

XOXOXO LOVE YOU ALL