Enemy

I sat on the carpet I had rated the softest, staring into the crackling fire under the fireplace that a few wolves had made up. There was laughing heard all around the house as wolves celebrated. They celebrated for me and the way that made me feel was extraordinary. I had returned the fancy piece of jewelry back to Grace and was now sitting on the carpet in only the white dress.

The door opened and I watched as Liam strode in and came next to me. I was glad not to catch the scent of alcohol off of him. He sat down and pulled me onto his lap, holding his hands tightly around me. "My sweet queen," he mumbled softly, pressing his lips beneath my ear. I shivered from the contact. "How are you feeling?"

"Absolutely fantastic," I admitted honestly and he laughed. As he did, his body shook mine. "How are you feeling?"

He sighed and moved me a bit more, so I was straddling him. He seems to like that position, a lot. "At complete bliss. I've never been happier," he answered, giving me a mind-scrambling look. I blushed and raised one of my palms against his cheek. 

"When you're happy, I'm happy," I told him, making him grin like a little child. He took my free hand in his, stroking it briefly before raising it to his lips.

"I love you, Kathryn," he whispered and I smiled at him.

"I love you too." We were just gazing into  each other's eyes lovingly. Sometimes, you didn't need anything else to show you how much you really mean to someone than just a look in their eyes. Our quietness was somewhat ruined by the mind-link.

Luna. Luna. Luna the wolves chanted for my honour. They had been doing it every once in a while ever since the ceremony, but it still brought a satisfied smile on my lips. Liam smiled as well and then placed his lips on mine for a mere second.

"They share my happiness," he stated.

I shook my head. "No, they share our happiness."

**

"I really don't want you guys to leave," I sighed and Tom hugged me tighter. 

"You're not the only one with responsibilites, Kath," Tom pointed out and I nodded pulling apart from him. "But we found you again and I promise, we're going to see each other a lot more," he promised. I bit back a sob and nodded turning to Ace and Archer. The moment I crouched down, the boys attacked me with hugs.

I smiled through the tears clouding my vision and hugged them back tightly. "We'll see again soon, guys," I promised them and they nodded eagerly. Next I hugged Caroline. That hug lasted for an awkwardly short time, but we both meant well.

"I'll see you soon, Kathryn," Tom said and he smiled. I nodded, swallowing a lump of tears and I watched them get into the car they had arrived in, due to the kids not having yet shifted. I stood on the doorway for a while after they left.

I didn't want to tell them bye at all. I needed them to stay around for a bit more, because I felt that I didn't yet know them enough. Jonathan and Eve were spending time after Eve's arrival last night before the ceremony, so Jon and Tom had bid goodbye already last night.

"Kitten," Liam murmured next to my ear. I shivered and turned to face him. He sighed and brushed his thumb under my eyes, brushing away the silently shed tears. "Please don't cry," he begged and kissed my temple. 

"I-I'm sorry," I sniffled and burried my neck into the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent. He just quietly shook his head and then pulled me back inside the house, closing the door behind us. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist, securing myself there.

"Don't be sorry. You're allowed to be sad, I just hate seeing you cry," he said. I nodded and licked my lips.

"You came to find me for something?" I asked, blinking my eyes clear.

He nodded stiffly. "Yes. Today is the first meeting you need to be a part of," he explained. "I need to bring you into some things you need to know, before the meeting so you'd understand," he explained. I looked at him and nodded. He seemed so serious.

"Alright." With that taken as permission, he carried me up the stairs and to his study. He didn't put me down, instead he sat on his seat with me on his lap.

I thought it was all going to be boring like that, but it changed. At first, for a while, he spoke about the pack's financials, the bonds with nearby packs and the agreement with them. There were a lot of alliances that Liam assured I needed to know. Then the talk began that made him tense up the most.

"This meeting isn't about any of the alliances or the financials. This meeting is about the rogues that have been lurking around our area."

My eyes widened a bit. This is the threat Liam has been dealing with for a while, the threat Ivy called a new enemy that made Liam even more protective of everything his.

"Rogues? How many of them?" I asked.

"A lot. Rogues don't usually travel in such large groups, but these do. They are the size of a small pack and they are vicious. Multiple of our neighbouring packs have been under attack from them, in the night time. It's always unexpected. It won't be long before they come here," he said with a disgusted look.

"That's why Jon was volunteering?"

"Yes. The pack we were helping had had already one attack, but the rogues stayed in the area, so Jon went there to help, along with multiple other of our men, to help in case of another attack."

"What are their attacks like?" This question seemed to hit Liam, hard. His eyes fixated on something behind me, but I knew he saw nothing there, just didn't like the question. "Liam?"

"The kidnap. They kidnap usually men and women. Mated men and women. And by the next morning, the kidnapped members are found ripped appart in the forest."

My skin was covered with goosebumps from the threateningly scary voice that Liam spoke in. My mind was instantly filled with imaginary pictures of what Liam had described.

"A-And they're coming here too?" I asked shakily. He nodded stiffly. 

"They'll be here is maybe a few days or a week."