Playing Games

Ivy took me out of that bloody bedroom and showed me around the house. Of course first we had breakfast before anything.

        Every room Ivy took me to and showed me around, I looked out of the window. I had to get out of here. Who the bloody knows Alpha Liam anyways? He might not even let me outside ever again.

        Apparently, Ivy had noticed. "Kathryn? Do you wish to go outside?" 

        I snapped my entire attention to her in shock. "I'd like that, yes, but I don't think Liam would." I raised my brow in questioning, as if would he?

        "Liam? Pshh. As long as you stay here. As long as you don't run, I'll take you outside. Liam isn't home right now anyways," Ivy explained. "But promise me you won't run."

        I really didn't want to give her a promise I wouldn't most likely keep. She was a nice girl and I didn't want to cause her any trouble. I guess I could of course wait a little. Maybe, after I have gained Liam's trust a little bit, he'll let me go out freely and then I can run. Right now, I need to build trust, starting with his sister.

        "I promise I won't run," I spoke silently. Ivy cracked a grin and nodded.

        "Do you want a jacket or anything? It s getting quite cold," she offered with a bright smile. How can someone so cheerful and nice like Ivy be in a pack so cruel? A pack that goes around killing other packs, to gain land, power, anything else they might potentially crave, How many wolves have found their mates like this? And how many of them have killed their entire packs and then left with only their mates. There could be hundred in this place, stuck like me.

        Except they don't have any special duties. They're not the Alpha's mate, like I, a poor unfortunate soul, have turned out to be.

        "No, thank you," I answered Ivy and we headed to the back exit, which went out by the kitchen. The cook looked at us weirdly, but he let it slide, probably because of Ivy.

        As soon as the door opened, I took a whiff of the fresh air. I closed my eyes in bliss and when I reopened them, I saw Ivy looking at me weirdly. "What?"

        "I really think I need to talk to Liam about letting you go outside freely. You enjoy it too much to have it taken from you," Ivy pointed out.

        I blushed. "I don't think he'd let me walk around alone."

      "Well you wouldn't be completely alone. There are wolves outside all the time and men are made to guard our borders. He should feel fine with it," Ivy shrugged. I took note of the new information, tucking it behind me ear.

        We walked ahead, under the large towering tree around us. This pack hadn't built their homes on a clearing or anything. They built them right in the middle of the woods. I was shocked to see how many houses there were around here. They were all around the main house and there were hundreds. How big was this pack?

        We saw a group of children jumping around and approached them.

        "Ivy!" a girl exclaimed and everyone else turned in the direction as well.

      "Hello, pups," Ivy grinned and hugged everyone that came to her. It was a lovely sight. "Everyone. I want you to meet Luna Kathryn!"

        Everyone's attention was on me in an instant and I gave a shy wave to them. I sat down on the ground and all the children sat in front of me mimicking my actions. I grinned and tilted my head to one side and then the other. They copied me exactly in sync and it made me giggle. "Hello, everyone."

        "Oh wonderful!" Ivy exclaimed. Her face suddenly fell from cheerful to serious. "Crap. Kathryn can you please stay here with them and not leave? Some wolves need me at the west border."

        I had to swallow down the taste of escape and I nodded. "Oh yes, of course," I smiled. Ivy jumped up instantly, shiften into a light brown wolf and took off running, I'm guessing then, to west.

        "Luna Kathryn?" I looked to the girl that had asked for me. 

        "Yes, dear?" I asked gently.

        "You're nice! Do you know any games?" she asked, batting her thick eyelashes. I grinned and nodded. 

        I don't know for how long we played, but we had played hide-and-seek, bad egg and even telephone. Then we finally began playing chase. I was the only chaser and the children I so called caught became chasers along my side.

        All of a sudden from afar, we could see a car driving really fast. It slided to a stop in front of the house and Liam stomped out of it. He took a whiff of air and then his angry eyes snapped on me.

        "Quick, go away from here," I told the children who scurried away at my word. I carefully backed away from him, but he just continued coming, his stormy grey eyes dark with anger. "Stay back," I growled at him, but he wouldn't stop.

        "I told you, kitten. You will never ever leave me or this pack," Liam dangerously growled. I shivered and took another long step back. "So why are you outside?"

        "Ivy brought me here. She had to leave, but I was only playing with the children," I fought and took a few quicker steps back. He was advancing me too fast and I just want to put some distance between me and him.

        "Who gave her the right to bring you outside?" he snapped.

        "Whoever your informator is, I wasn't doing anything wrong, neither was she! I wasn't leaving, as you can clearly see. But now, you are really making me want to run. Away from you," I hissed. I had to protect the little freedom Ivy had given me and he wasn't going to take it from me. I would hold on to it until the last breath.

        "Try that and I'll lock you up until you can't remember your own name," he threatened, but I stayed unaffected.

        "I will repeat my name. I'll chant it until I won't remember why I'm doing it, only that I have to. The only name I wish to forget, is yours," I sneered and watched his cheeks go red with anger. I regretted saying that. I only had one mate for the rest of my life, and fate had given me him. No matter how big of a monster he was, I didn't have better. I somehow had to do make best of what I was given.

        "Take. That. Back," he threatened. He took a few quicker advancing steps, until my back was bushed against the bark of the tree and he pressed against me, cornering me, by standing around me like bars.

        I took a deep breath, glaring into his eyes. I had to ignore the feelings he caused me. "I am sorry, Alpha. But honestly, if you could be a little more like a mate should be, I wouldn't despise you quite as much." My voice stayed netural and it took him a bit of time, to figure out that I was, indeed, insulting him, not just apologizing.

        "LIAM!" Oh, just in time. I silently thanked the heavens for Ivy's perfect timing, but Liam seemed unfazed. Maybe only angrier. "Step away from her, before you hurt her."

        "I wouldn't hurt her," Liam fought. He was practically in my face. I shifted my eyes from him to Ivy behind him and shot her a pleading look.

        "Then step back. She doesn't like what you're doing," Ivy gently suggested.

        "How do you know that?" Liam snickered.

        "The look in her eyes." I looked back to Liam as he studied me. He sighed and dropped his arms from around me and I finally felt like I actually had air to breathe again.

        "I'm sorry, kitten."