Torturous Traditions

After the drugs had kicked in, I fell asleep quickly. I didn't realize if Liam had touched me while I was out, like I forbid him to do, or he hadn't. He was gone when I opened my eyes again.

Morning after such a drug abuse, I felt awful. My head was aching as if I was suffering from a major party, not like I had taken one sleeping pill. I stumbled into the bathroom and splashed cold water on my face repetively, before I gave up. Water wasn't going to help.

I went into the walk-in closet. I hated the fact that I was somewhere I didn't know. I hated that I had nothing here. I didn't exactly count my mate as someone I wanted to have here. I didn't even want to be here, wherever here is.

I finally just got dressed in the same clothes I arrived in and left my hair open. When I returned to the bedroom I was creeped out by the girl in there. She was leaning against the mantel of the fireplace. She looked like one of those expensive porcelain dolls, perfect. Her ebony hair framed her perfect facial features and she looked so graceful in her small body.

"Hello, Kathryn," she smiled widely.

I frowned and stayed at the door to the bathroom. "Hi. I'm just gonna take a guess here and bring your similarities together and presume you're his sister."

"If by 'his' you mean Liam's, then you are correct," she answered cheerfully.

I scratched the back of my head awkwardly. "Okay then. Nice to meet you. Can I help you somehow?" I asked awkwardly. She picked up a notebook and a pen from the mantel of the fireplace and walked closer to me.

"My name is Ivy," she grinned and I almost had to close my eyes at the brightness of it. "And I'm here to take your measurement," she explained.

"For what?"

"Clothes of course. You need them, unless you wish to strut around naked. I'm sure Liam would be fine with that as long as you stay in this room while doing that," Ivy snickered and I flinched. Oh wow, she was such a happy bouncy ball.

"Yeah, I'd rather have you take my sizes than have that happen," I answered, blushing slightly. Ivy giggled and nodded, pulling a measuring tape out from the pocket of her black jacket. She was wearing black jeans, a black t-shirt and a black jacket. Did this entire family have a thing for black or something? And where was my lovely mate anyways?

Ivy took my measurements and wrote them down. She even measured places I thought she would never have to measure, but she did anyways. By the end, she had touched me more than I even let Liam touch me. Then she began bombarding me with questions.

"Okay, what shampoo, conditioner and other beauty products are a must have for you? What's your bra basket size? How often do you wear makeup and what do you normally wear then?" She was going to continue on, but I coughed, making her stop.

"Okay, let's get this one thing out there that you'll probably need to know about me. I've never done any of those things. Never have I gone shopping, have myself measured or anything. Well maybe a very long time ago but not for many years already," I explained.

Ivy frowned. She looked so utterly confused, it made it all even kind of tragically funny. "What do you mean?"

"I've been living alone, in the woods, for a very long time, Ivy. I'd appreciate it, if you didn't tell that to anyone, especially your brother. Just, don't ask any of those questions from me, please," I begged. She looked at me in shock.

"Are you serious?"

"Serious as a midget in a nudist colony." I joked and she giggled.

"Wow. Okay then. I'll bring you products that you can try out and then tell me, which are the best, is that okay? And about the bra thing, don't worry. I'm actually quite good at guessing and I'll just try to get you something different that you can try and again tell me which is the best."

"Sure," I nodded. Now that I thought of it, she made it sound like I was going to stay here for a very long time as well, although I didn't want to. I was going to find a way out of this place, I had to.

Liam is our mate! Do you really want to leave him? my wolf asked.

Do I want to leave my mate or Liam?

They are the same!

Not to me. My mate is not this monster. It can't possibly be. And Liam is a monster. He really is. He killed Adam and his entire pack. Plus a lot of more.

"By the way, you have arrived at possibly one of the best times there is," Ivy suddenly informed me. I looked at her, waiting for her to continue with explaining. "Liam's birthday is coming. In a matter of five days actually. It's tradition that some unmated female wolves of the pack dance for the Alpha's honor. If the Alpha hasn't found his mate yet, the dance is only participated by the unmated females. But when the Luna arrives, she dances to him along with them, plus a dance alone."

I stared at Ivy in horror. "I am not going to dance, hell to the no!"

Ivy laughed loudly and pressed her lips together tightly, trying to hold it back. "I'm afraid you've got no choice."