Return

I squirmed and opened my eyes, seeing mine and Liam's bedroom. I had falled asleep outside, but obviously Liam had brought me inside. In the darkness, I couldn't see anything with my still sleep filled eyes, but I felt the bed dip and then Liam wrapped his arms around me. I shivered and turned around to face him.

"Good morning!" he cheered happily and pressed his lips on my forehead. I love it when he does that! He chuckled and did it again and again.

"Good morning," I mumbled.

"It's already quite late, darling. We should probably get dressed," he whispered. I grunted and slid my hands over his chest. 

"Wait. Why?" I asked and frowned. 

"Your brothers are coming here. Jonathan is coming back and Tom is coming to visit, remember?" he asked, amused.

"Oh my God. Right!" I gasped and he laughed.

"Did you forget?" he mocked.

"N... Yes. I totally forgot," I admitted and he hugged me. Then he let go of me and I rolled out of bed and quickly skipped across the cold floor to the closet. I grabbed a white lace sleeveless top and pulled on the same pair of blue jeans I had worn yesterday to the city. I also slipped on low shoes and then went back to the bathroom.

I began brushing through my hair, but my hand got stuck in my hair. I frowned and yanked it out and then inspected the ring on my finger. Liam's mother's ring, of course. I wanted to giggle out loud, but I held it back and just continued doing whatever I needed to.

When I walked back in the bedroom, the bedside lamps were flicked on and Liam stood on the side of the bed. His eyebrows were furrowed, gaze on the floor. I walked to him and he looked up, that look going away.

"What's wrong?" I asked gently and he shook his head, pulling me into his embrace.

"Just work. Don't worry," he smiled. "Jonathan is back though. He's down the stairs." I smiled brightly and pulled myself from him, skipping out of the room.  Downstairs, leaning near the stairs, Jonathan stood. At my approach he looked up and smiled.

I smiled as well and jogged down the final steps. I jumped around his neck. He hugged me back and sighed of relief. "Hello, Elle," he grinned and I just smiled.

"Jonathan! It's good to see you again," I smiled and pulled back from him. As I took a step back, Jon grabbed my hand and studied the ring.

"This is beautiful," he said and then looked at me, as if waiting for my own comment on it.

"I think it is too. I love it," I said and grinned.  He nodded.

"Tom is coming over," Jon stated.

"Yes, I know. Liam told me," I answered. I looked onto the floor and it my lip nervously. "D-Do you think Tom will be happy to see me?"

Jon chuckled and placed both of his hands on my shoulders. "Trust me, Elle. He will be more than happy. He was so happy already to hear you're still alive and here, with me. He just doesn't have the time to come. I guess Liam's visit was finally the last thing that took for him to give his assignments to his Beta for a visit."

I bit my lip and rubbed my palms together. The nervousness was growing in me. I haven't seen Tom in nearly a decade. He might as well be angry with me for hiding away. He was always the one to get pissed at the dumbest of things. I don't want to lose him right after being united with him. 

"Stop it," Liam groaned and I turned around to look at him standing on top of the stairs. His gaze was slicing through me. "You're only going to make yourself distance from both of them if you keep telling that to yourself."

I looked down and shook my head. Jonathan looked at me and then stroked my hair. "Let's go. I was invited to have breakfast with you," Jonathan said softly and I smiled. The three of us went to the dining room where Ivy and Grace were already at.

"Good morning, everyone," Liam cheered and the two women looked up and smiled. When they looked at me, their smiles widened. 

Where's your father? I linked Liam.

He's not exactly happy with me. Don't pay attention to it. Liam answered. When will I find out what his problem with me is? It bothers me a lot.

I sat again between Ivy and Liam and Jon sat on the other side of the table. "Hello, Jonathan," Ivy greeted politely.

"Good morning, Ivy," Jon answered. He turned to Grace. "Mrs. Zanders."

"Oh please, call me Grace," Grace said with a grin and Jonathan smiled. 

"Where are Eve and the kids?" I asked Jon, lifting myself some toast.

"Eve will be staying with her mother for the rest of the week. My volunteer work is over now so I'm going to be staying," Jonathan spoke. The rest of the breakfast was quite the same. A bit of small talk and then some questions, but no one asked really about last night, which was different. 

**

Liam looked up very suddenly from the table and me and Jon turned to him. We were back in Liam's study, Jon and  were talking while Liam was working. He insisted we should be there.

"He's here," Jon said and Liam nodded. Oh right, their pack bond. Jon's words dawned on me and I bit my lip nervously.

"I'll go greet him, Alpha to Alpha. He has brought his children and wife with him too," Liam said and stood up. As he walked past me he placed a hand on my shoulder. In the disappearance of his hand, the warmth from it was gone too and I was afraid.

"Kathryn, calm down. You're taking this too dramatically," Jon joked. "I've seen Tom, he's an okay guy, honestly," Jon assured me.

"Of course he's an okay guy. I'm just... excited to see him," I said and forced a smile. Jon grinned and nodded. He looked down and I figured he was tapping into the mind-link again.

"I'll return. Tom wants to talk to me before coming up," Jon said and stood up. I bit my bottom lip and nodded. Jon exited the room and I jumped up, walking to the window in the study. From there, I could only see a little. I saw Liam and Jaq, joined by Jon. With his back to me stood a tall man with dark head, two young children and an elegant looking woman. She was a bit diagonal, so I could see her pretty features well.

Werewolf hearing didn't work when I tried to listen what was going on. That's how this room had been done. The windows, the walls the everything was soundproof, even to a werewolf. Liam was speaking something and he looked up towards the study. I jumped back instantly and frowned.

Great, you got caught, my wolf snickered.

Damn, girl. Where have you been all this time? Not once have you talked to me in a while! 

You didn't need my help. I was watching it all play out sidelines. Plus, you obviously know what's the best for everyone, not listening to me at all.

You're upset because of thatI mentally groaned.

Shh, now. They're coming.

How do you know? I inquired. She didn't answer me anymore, but the door behind me opened. I froze, gaze still stuck on the window.

"Kathryn?"

So sorry for the really late chapter :( I feel so guilty guys! I've been seriously busy and all is just not exactly good. I'll try to write again soon.

I love you all!