14 Tears of Joy [3]

▪Day 10 ▪

The doctors finally said Darryl was able to go home. Which of course, he wasn't going to do. Zak wouldn't allow that. He was going to stay in Zak's apartment, whether he likes it or not.

Zak knew something was wrong with him, he knew there were a lot of things he wasn't talking about.

So, with that need of wanting to know more, and the need to protect him... They arrived.

It was a tall building. Darryl hasn't joined a building as tall as this one before.

When they got to the elevator, Darryl seemed pensative.

"Bad?"

"You think an elephant could fit here?" He asked.

Zak gasped. "Wha- what"

"An elephant, Skeppy, do you know what that is right?"

Zak facepalmed. "OF COURSE I know what it is. That is exactly why I'm thinking you maybe need to go back to the hospital"

"No! Why would I need to go back there?"

"Who. WHO. In a healthy state could possibly put an elephant and an elevator on the same phrase? You are 100% going mental"

Darryl rolled his eyes. "Pff It isn't that crazy, you could be the next, so shhhh"

Zak was just about to answer when the doors of the elevator opened.

"Follow me"

"You sure your good with all that stuff?" Darryl asked concerned, pointing out at Zak, who was the one carrying all the things of Darryl and himself.

"Wrong "your", you idiot. And I'm completely fine. The doctor said you don't have to carry heavy stuff"

Darryl sighed.

A minute later, Zak stopped in front of a white door.

"Here it is"

Darryl nodded and they both joined the apartment.

Looking around, Darryl instantly froze.

"Skeppy are you rich?"

Zak flinched. No, he wasn't really rich. The apartment was nothing crazy... the reality was that his friend didn't have the same luck as him when he was a child.

But Zak didn't want him to feel bad. All the things he got, were by his hard work. So they were all great too. Zak knew that Darryl's family wasn't there for him since he was young, but he didn't know why.

"Well, it's mostly my parents so..."

"I like your house" Darryl quickly said.

Zak smiled. "And I think I like you..." he thought.

"Follow me, we are going to put some order to your stuff"

Soon, they were in Zak's room putting Darryl's clothes in his wardrobe.

But one thing caught Zak's attention.

"Is that a hoodie from your skin?"

Darryl instantly blushed and tried his best to hide it. "No."

Zak giggled. "Oh god, IT IS! That's amazing, where did you get it? I want one too"

"I don't think you can get one" Darryl answered, looking away.

"Why?"

"It's a long story, Skeppy"

"Well, we have time..." Zak said smiling.