Grandma was a what?

Colbys' POV

It was the first time I was scared to shift. Not exactly shifting, but I was so scared that she would reject me.

My wolf was so happy to show off to our mate, and was ready to jump on her and lick her all over, but of course I couldn't take the risk of her getting scared and leaving me.

When she crutched down beside me, I had no idea as to what to expect, so when she started to pet my head, my heart exploded in happiness. With that, I momentarily lost control of Peter and he jumped on her, making she fall back.

He started to lick her face all over, and to my surprise and joy, she started to laugh. I can say, I've never heard sound as amazing as her laugh. So full of life, that makes everyone around her join her.

I got control back and stopped, but I didn't let her get up, I wanted more affection of her, so I laid on her lap.

I know, I shouldn't act like such a little pup, but I coulnd't help, neither could Peter.

Mixed with her beautiful giggle, was now the sound of others in the room laughs too.

I then got up and went behind alpha Edwards' desk, where I had left my clothes, and shifted back.

When I was dressed, I came out from behind the table and looked at my mate, waiting for her to say something, anything.

"That was... Amazing" My baby said, making me smile so brightly I swear all the galaxy could see it. "But how is it possible that I... am like that? I can't turn into a wolf, that is for sure"
"That is why we are here my daughter, to explain to you and your mate everything." Her father said. I was just extremely happy to know that he was alright and accepted of me being her mate, not that he would actually have a saying in the matter because it was the Moon Goddess choice, but it still felt good to have his approval. "Let's all sit down, it is quite a long story."

We all sat down. We turned the three chairs where were sat my baby's parents and the principal to face the couch  where me, Sam, Kat, April and Lydia was sitting on the arm of the couch beside my mate.

"Wait" My mate said "Is everyone here a werewolf" She asked looking at every one in the room.
"No baby, me and your father are humans" Her mom said.
"What about Leo?" The who now? "And you Lydia?"
"I am also a werewolf babes, and I am sorry that I couldn't tell you, but your brother is a human like your parents" Oh.. Is her brother "you are the only shifter on your family"
"Why?" I could see the confusion plastered on my babys' beautiful face, and I know that I had the same expression. It should be impossible for her to be a werewolf if her parents aren't.
"It is all because of your grandma, my mother" Her father said, and a second after hearing it, my mate suck a breath as if she was hurting, so I took her hand in mine, feeling the sparks of the mate bond run through my arm. "She was also a shifter. When she was 19, and found her mate, she was already in love with my father, a human, so she rejected her mate. But do not feel bad for her, because he was a big jerk."
"Wait, what is a mate after all?" My cutie asked.
"Mate for us werewolves is what you can call a soulmate. Each werewolf has a mate, who is also a werewolf." I explained to my baby.
"For real? Like made for each other fairy tail type of thing?" Her eyes sparkled.
"Yes, we lycans were created by the moon Goddess, and she decided that we would be happier and more motivated to... um... procreate and keep our species going if we had someone extremely special from our own species, so she took two souls and, the easiest way to say is that she ripped them apart and joined the other half to the other weres soul, choosing each one by who she thought were the perfect match." Welp, not even awkward to tell your mate that basically we were paired up to have kids...
"But you can reject your mate?" She asked and I sucked a breath "Not that I would want to" She added quickly seeing my reaction, and smiled at me.
"Yes it is possible. Is an easy process but extremely painful, seeing as basically your soul is ripped apart again but this time it is already on your body." She nodded slowly looking at nothing specifically.
"Continuing" Her father said "Since he was human, the chances of her having a heir lycan were over, because werewolves can only have children with the lycans genes on them if they are from two werewolves together." He explained to April, who was looking even more lost.
"Then what am I?"
"Well, you know how your grandma was, always helping others even on the worst conditions herself.

So after she rejected her mate for a human, she was banned from her pack, which was in France.

She had just a little bit of money, enough for a airplane ticket, and a few clothes, so your grandpa asked her to go live with him.
She was at the airport to buy a plane ticket to the Netherlands, when she saw a young girl holding a baby asking for help.

Your grandma decided to go talk to the girl and she found out that she was kidnapped and raped then brought to France, but she escaped while she was at the hospital after giving birth.
She was also Dutch.

Your grandma offered the girl new clothes and then suggested that the three of them  could, instead of going by plane, go by train back to the Netherlands, just taking a little bit longer on the trip, and she would pay for everything, of course.

The girl agreed and that is exactly what they did. Arriving at the Netherlands your grandpa picked them up and they took the girl and the baby to her parents house.

Ended up that a girls mother was a witch, a literal one.
They exist, and like wolves, they can also be more powerful or weaker. This one was weaker, but after mom told her all of her story, as a thank you for helping her daughter, the witch casted a spell on which made that the first daughter of her last son would also be a werewolf, continuing the lycan genes off her blood."
"And that is me.." My baby trailed of, letting all the information sink in.
"Then why hasn't she shifted" I asked. I understand the story and everything, just don't understand why she didn't tell April before, but is not my place to judge, maybe she had a good reason.
"We don't know" Her father answered.
"I have a theory"