He must be a deranged to have felt in such manner in such fatal time.

~*~*~*~

The market was buzzing in life as the villagers were selling and buying the produce for the day. It was also a season market where the beautiful handicrafts are displayed for maidens.

Knox was by then pale and weak of the long travel. He had no energy to stand for longer than few handful moments and like the young Witch had said, no magic or herb was helpful in recuperating his health.

His companion, Lord Alder Emor had tried to give him some strength through his powers but Knox's body was accommodating none. It was not only vital for his once dear friend but also for him to reach Witch Orla as she was the only one who could help him get his well-being back.

The town was their halting station for the night seeing that they were in the long journey from eight days. After days of travel, they were close to the town Farcall by just three days of travel. It was Alder's suggestion to disguise like common person so to not alert the Witch of their proximity to her.

"Over years, my magic has taken a toll down by several measures. I have by no means have enough strength to find the right direction to reach Orla. We have to be more humane in locating her." Alder expressed his anger as he stopped on his way and turned to look at Knox with a discerning glare.

"If only you hadn't murdered my daughter, I would have had my white magic with me at this moment." Knox shivered in fright as the bright colour in Alder's eyes turned black.

Alder inched forward and took a tight grip of Knox's neck with an intention to kill him painfully but the sane part of the Lord had stopped him suffocation Knox for his own motives.

"It was a ritual, Milord and I had no knowledge I would loose the magic you had stored in my hands by the act. It was necessary to follow the rituals to be powerful which would also help your powers to increase." Knox answered meekly.

Knox's alliance with Alder was part of a huge mystery which would be better hidden for the sake of many subjects including his own life. His friendship with Alder Emor goes way back to years. It was not just a friendly association between them but it was much deeper. Both the men hold an ocean of secrets with each other together.

Everything was going good, the strategies they made together, the motives they had prepared together, the things they had done to achieve many of them, the lengths they had gone to get what they desire; everything was going good until one day, the wife of Lord Alder, whom he had never seen once or heard of, left them right after giving birth to a daughter.

Alder, although trusted Knox, had never mentioned any detail of his dear wife ir her name for a reason. If there was anyone who had power to disarm him, then it would only be his dear wife Orla. Why she had left them years ago after a small dispute and went into hiding was still unclear to him.

With Orla leaving him, his powers started deteriorating in a very slow manner that it took him several years to realize it. She had no link concerning his powers whatsoever and her disappearance had caused a great loss to him. How?

Orla was a key to all his secrets, she was the answer to all his questions and yet, even after being more potent than her, he could not get his hands on her. His marriage with Orla was good then why in the God's name had she left the family was a question that he did not know answer of.

"Time is ticking away, we have to find Orla by any manner and finish what we had originated years ago. It was important we find her this time." Knox nodded his head in a weak intent as his body was not sustaining his will any longer.

They shall find Witch Orla and they shall finish that they should have years ago with her help.

"I have to undo all the wrong you had done, Garrick and I plan on doing so by having Orla by my side" Alder confessed as both the men stepped inside the tavern.

With a silent war taking place, Alder had no thought that the wife he was looking for was the very one who was conniving to destroy him.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

Madonna has agreed to lead Lucius to Orla. Do you think it was Lucius say to meet her?

Lucius is confident that he would never feel love for Madonna. Your views?

The couple's journey to Orla will finally start. What will they do and learn in the process?

How is Alder and Knox friends?

What is the story with them? 

Alder still wants his wife by his side. Is Orla so heartless to be untouched her loving husband?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim

Darkest Hours (MGL series Book 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara