Chapter 12

'Breeze of the cold pleasure,

When hit with the floral scent,

Purely a pair of trotters can move,

Along the piece of the lush virescent.'

Lucius raised an arrogant brow at the young witch who was sitting comfortably on the ground in an unladylike manner. Madonna, on the other hand, gritted her teeth as she read the verse.

'Orla definitely wanted her son to die so soon that she had made such a splendid begin.' Thought Madonna as she stood up from the ground and dusted her long traveling gown.

"I'm not hauling you all the way through the green fields just so the mazes wish." Lucius frowned as he took a glance at the very annoyed Madonna.

He had to carry her all through the green fields as per the verse but he was not ready to haul her for such a long time in his arms because one, he could not see the end of the green fields and two, his wife is not a good exemplar of a petite woman.

She stands a magnificent tallness for a woman and what weighs the most is her annoying attitude. He could not tolerate the silent woman to discount him like always while he was transporting her in his arms; safely if doable.

"I could not comprehend the significance of shields whatsoever." Madonna disregarded the Lord as usual and walked towards the large tree to continue the trip by her own if the Lord was so concerned in making trivial talk.

Without answering him, she was about to take a step on the green lush ground when she was lifted off the ground leaving Madonna to shriek in surprise.

If Lucius was not in pain due to his wife until the moment, then he was certainly at that very moment when she chose to disregard him. So he did what he shall have to by moving his hand with a bright blue light as he raised Madonna off her feet in the air.

It would be a lie if he says he did not enjoy the sudden shriek from the young witch. He had always seen her well composed and to receive such an exemplary response from her amused him a little.

Madonna sneered at him for the act and gestured him to put her down without voicing anything from her mouth that caused Lucius to raise her higher in the air enough to hit her head to a thick branch of a tall tree.

Why, if she was not prepared to talk to him or counter his qualms then he knew all well to tame the stubborn witch. She was to respond him and he would make certain of it.

How long shall she keep up with the pretense? He was all set to get words out of her if he had to go to extreme lengths.

He stepped on the roots of the large tree and felt the shield in place as the vibe pushed him inside the limits of it. He used his magic to keep his dear wife secure in air although all he wanted to do was bang the exasperating woman in to one of the large trees.

He did not get any response from the maddening woman, not even a squeal of suddenness when she was hit lightly to a branch. Lucius had dealt with many aggravating people – few humans and few not humans – but never had he felt the extent of his blood boil due to his very own wife.

He wondered how a woman, precisely a wife, could come up with such skills to torment men. He was petrified by how the mind of women works.

"The cause behind many mazes?" He asked again presuming silence from her and that was what he got.

Lucius pinched his nose as he heaved a deep breath in an effort to control his rage. It was quite a challenging feat he was facing to take a command over his enragement and not to wring his dear wife's pretty pale neck.