||Five|| Battle!

"Here you go, Froakie," Laika bubbled, presenting her palm to you. Within it, sat another Pokepuff, much like the one Dedenne had stolen. You reached forward and grabbed the Pokepuff gently, biting down onto it with a pleased croak. Fennekin sat beside you, her nose twitching as she sniffed the sour treat. She sneezed softly and backed away, irked by the scent.
"In my opinion, sweet Pokepuffs are better!" She declared, turning her head back to where Laika stood, conversing with the three humans from earlier. You took your time in consuming the treat, giving the humans time to devise some sort of training plan. You could sense the stares of the strangers' Pokemon on your form as you finished off your Pokepuff, your frubbles bubbling lightly.

"Do you want to have a battle?" Ash piped up, balling his fists tightly as he beamed at your trainer. Laika took a step back, nervously looking over at you and Fennekin. You turned to Fennekin and smiled before looking back at Laika, both of you giving confident nods in sync. Laika swallowed her anxieties and gazed back at Ash, smirking.
"Alright! But I won't go easy on you!" She exclaimed, running out onto the battlefield and motioning for both you and Fennekin to follow.
"Right, Fennekin! Let's go!" Fennekin stopped a few meters ahead of Laika and spun back around, facing Ash and his chosen Pokemon; Pikachu.

You sat at Laika's feet, your frubbles bubbling with anticipation as you watched Fennekin get all flared up. She bounced on the spot a few times, chanting to herself quietly as specks of flames spilled from her mouth. You tipped your head, your frubbles settling down.
"Alright! Pikachu, let's start this off with Quick Attack!" Ash commanded, throwing his hand through the air in a slicing motion. Fennekin crouched down as she watched Pikachu draw nearer, embers sparking from the sides of her jaws.
"Dodge and use Ember!" You sent Laika a confused look, one that she didn't catch. Why wouldn't you try for a full-scale attack instead of something so small? Perhaps it was just something else about battling... You did have a lot more to learn, anyhow.

Fennekin jumped to the left just as Pikachu was about to barrel into her, throwing a large spray of embers towards him. Pikachu screwed his eyes shut once the attack came into contact with him, crouching down slightly.
"Use Scratch!" Laika commanded, leading Fennekin into a quick sprint towards the electric type. Ash's eyes widened slightly before he called out to his friend, commanding him to quickly dodge. Pikachu opened his eyes and jumped back just as Fennekin threw her paw forwards, scratching at nothing but charred dirt.
"Pikachu, use Iron Tail!"
"Fennekin, counter with Scratch!"

You winced slightly as you already predicted the outcome of when the two moves collided, peering away to escape the unfortunate view. Pikachu leapt into the air, his tail glowing a blinding silver. Fennekin charged forwards as Pikachu began his descent towards the ground, jumping up with a shining paw.
"Take this!" She cried, swiping her paw forwards. Pikachu's tail slammed down into Fennekin's attack. It seemed like the world had paused for a second or two, as they both remained there, struggling against each other's attack before Fennekin flew back. Pikachu landed on the ground with a huff, showing that battling Fennekin had winded him only just.
"Fennekin!" Laika cried, brows inclining sadly as she watched her companion struggle to get up from the ground. She breathed out calmly and brought Fennekin's Pokeball from her bag, returning the fiery fox so she could rest.
"You did good, Fennekin," Laika whispered, putting the Pokeball back into her bag gently. "Now, it's your turn, Froakie!"

You simultaneously looked at each other, eyes sparkling with excitement. You turned your head, watching as Pikachu retreated to his trainer, panting whilst finding his breath. With a confident smile, you hopped out onto the battlefield, your frubbles just barely bubbling. You halted and sat back into a relaxed position, awaiting the arrival of Ash's next Pokemon. He seemed to be tossing up two decisions in silence, glancing at Fletchling momentarily before switching his attention to a Pokeball on his belt. Bonnie perked up, spotting Ash's troubled expression.
"Use Froakie, Ash!" She piped, cupping her hands around her mouth to produce a much louder call. Laika tilted her head curiously.
"No way... You have a Froakie, too?!" She queried excitedly, bouncing slightly on her feet. Ash scratched the nape of his neck, smiling.
"Yep! I was just wondering who I should use to battle your Froakie... Fletchling or Froakie..."