||Two|| Quick Attack

You sat before your trainer, eyes closed, placid and unbothered by her frustrations. You hadn't exactly been cooperating properly but you had your reasons as to why you hadn't. Your frubbles bubbled happily as Laika finally decided to take a break, realising she could injure herself even more if she tried to move too much. Fennekin sat beside you, staring over at Laika as she sat herself down on a bench.
"It's only been a day and she's still trying to overwork herself... She's stubborn, isn't she?" You hummed in agreement, eyes fluttering open as you gazed at the fox Pokemon.
"Gah... All this training has made me tired..." you mumbled, your frubbles bubbling over your head as you slinked down into a tight ball. "Did she tell you at all what she's trying to get me to learn?" Fennekin's ear flickered, her gaze turning towards you quickly.

"Nuh-uh. She has a bad habit of forgetting that we can't read her thoughts..." She laughed sheepishly, dabbing the dirt in front of her with a paw.
"Well, that's not very helpful..." You murmured, stillness corrupting your frubbles. You both gazed over at Laika who seemed deep in thought, her breathing even and calm.
'What's the best way to teach her Quick Attack?' She thought, brushing away strands of her honey locks that had been obstructing her vision.
"Ah, Laika. There you are." She looked up immediately, her previous thoughts running from her brain.
"H-huh? O-oh! I didn't expect to see you here, Louis," she sputtered, rising to her feet before the newcomer. Your curiosity spiked upon sight of the stranger, unsure of how to feel about said being. There was an aura drifting around him, an aura that unsettled you yet didn't deter Fennekin.
"Louis!" She cheered, running over happily. You slowly made your way over, your hops slow and senses high.

'Louis' turned his attention to the approaching Pokemon, crouching down to greet her with open hands.
"Haven't seen you in a while, have I? How has Laika been treating you?" He smiled, giving Fennekin a gentle rub atop of her head.
"Oh, she's been great!"
"From how happy she is right now, I'm guessing you've been taking care of her well," Louis gazed back up at Laika, green eyes sparkling curiously from behind his black bangs.
"Of course. I know how to treat my Pokemon..." Laika huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. In a moment of realisation, Laika allowed a small gasp to slip through her mouth.
"Speaking of my Pokemon, look at who's joined us!" She gestured to where you were sitting at her feet, staring up at Louis with a bland expression.

"A shiny Froakie? Okay, one. I didn't know you were allowed to get two starters from Professor Sycamore! And two. I didn't know he had shiny starters to give!" Louis exclaimed in disbelief, dropping down into a crouch once more, outstretching a gentle hand towards you. Instead of acting how Fennekin had, you shied away from his touch and moved behind your trainer, ignoring his fruitless attempts to call you back.
"I was never given two starters from Professor Sycamore. I found Froakie in the forest over there just yesterday as an egg. She hatched in my arms and it was only by chance that she was a shiny Froakie." Laika explained, sparing you a short glance.
"At first, she didn't want to come along with us but I guess the Beedrill changed her mind..." Louis cocked a brow.
"Beedrill? What happened?"

"Well, Fennekin and I hadn't realised we were about to get attacked by a huge horde of Beedrill until Froakie jumped out of nowhere and hit one of them with Pound. After that, we tried to fight them off, but there was just too many. In the end, I took the hits which brings us to this," she explained, spinning around and raising her shirt slightly. Louis examined the wounds embedded into her skin, brows creased with worry.
"Geez, Laika... You need to be more careful."
"He's right, you know," you croaked in agreement, gaining her attention. Laika huffed.
"Who's side are you on?"
"Froakie's just agreeing with me because I'm right. You don't want to go endangering yourself every time you resume your journey!" You and Fennekin nodded, agreeing with each word that spilled from his mouth.