||Four|| More Humans?

There really was no need for the three of you to be up so early, but somehow, Laika and Fennekin managed to convince you that training at 5 in the morning was a good idea. You yawned sleepily, fighting to keep your eyes open until the session fell to its inevitable conclusion.

"Okay, Fennekin! Use Flamethrower! Froakie, use Quick Attack and dodge!" Laika ordered from her spot on the field. You watched as Fennekin leapt up into the air, an orb of flames spiralling into form inside her gaping jaws. She flung her head forward, delivering the same large burst of flames that you had been evading for the past while. Whilst it wasn't how you pictured your morning playing out, you supposed it was good that your Quick Attack was becoming swifter and Fennekin was gaining more control over her Flamethrower. It didn't deter your fatigue, however.
'The sun is still sleeping, so why are we up..?' You thought, still barely adjusting to the quick switch from rest to training. 'Was there a reason why she seemed so eager to train the two of you?' Your eyes closed involuntarily, seeking a moment of peace desperately. Whilst your eyes closed, the flickering swirls of orange and yellow spiralled towards you, dangerously hot.

"Froakie! Look out!" Fennekin bellowed, dropping back towards the ground. You cracked one eye open, spotting the tumbling wave of flames approaching. Before it could hit you, you grabbed at your frubbles, spreading them out as you threw them in order to form a protective barrier. The flames, although they didn't hit you, managed to melt the frubbles into a pile of a slimelike substance.
"Great reflexes, Froakie!" Laika jabbed her thumb up, unbothered by what had just happened. You closed your eyes, letting out a breath of air.
'Wow. Thanks,' You thought unenthusiastically, reopening your eyes.
"Hey? When do I get to practice my moves?" Laika perked up, turning to you with a raised eyebrow.
"What's that? You want a chance to practice, too?" You nodded, your frubbles settling back in their earlier state.

"Sounds good. Alright, Fennekin! It's your turn to start dodging!" Fennekin seemed relieved, finally gaining a chance to rest her throat. You hopped out into position across from the fox, your tired demeanour succumbing to your bubbling excitement. Although you hadn't been doing it for long, you already had a fierce passion for battling. The exhilaration, the rush of adrenaline. Everything.
"Froakie! Use Bubble!" Upon hearing the command, you launched yourself into the sky, puffing out your cheeks as the bubbles began to take form. Fennekin followed your movements, eyes widening as countless bubbles ejected from your small form, each one flying directly towards her.
"Come on, Fennekin! You can do it! Dodge, now!" She bolted to the side, narrowly avoiding the onslaught of gleaming, bubbly hell. The bubbles collided with the ground, bursting upon impact. The water splashed up, landing in Fennekin's fur.

"Ack! No..!" She whined, shaking the droplets of water from her silky fur. You landed with an elated grin spreading on your face.
"That was pretty good! Fennekin, you'll need to move a bit quicker if you want to fully avoid the attacks though!" Fennekin grumbled unhappily to herself, giving her tail a gentle shake. The training session was drawn out until dawn with breaks in between, allowing you and Fennekin to replenish your energy and settle your hunger levels.

"Hey, guys? You still hungry?" You and Fennekin perked up at the sudden question, glancing down at your stomachs momentarily as they growled. Laika gave a giggle, pulling out a small box from within her bag.
"Here, try some. My very own Poke Puffs with a very secret ingredient most others don't have," she claimed, kneeling down in front of you and Fennekin before outstretching her palms, revealing two differently coloured objects. Fennekin leaned in and took the pink one, setting it on the ground between her paws to devour it. There were tiny twigs delicately dressed atop of the soft icing consisting of different pink shades - a treat Fennekin adored. You were left with the other Pokepuff, layered with orange icing alongside a ring of white, bubbling looking icing.
"The white kinda reminds me of your frubbles, don't you think?" You sat up and took the Poke Puff, sniffing it cautiously.