||One|| Hatched

"Ooh..! Who are you?" Through the silence you had been enduring for what seemed like forever, there were voices piercing through as if it never existed. You couldn't quite figure out who it was. Maybe, your parents? Maybe... But you hadn't heard them in so long, so those chances were slim to none.
"Fennekin? Where'd you go?" You shifted stiffly, arms stretching towards the walls of your so-called 'prison'.
"I'm over here, Laika!" Fennekin leaned in close towards the egg, sniffing curiously. What type of Pokemon hid away inside was beyond her, drifting towards the knowledge her trainer held for an answer.

From within the coverage of nearby bushes, a head popped out, scanning the clearing for any sign of her chosen partner.
"Aha! There you are, Fennekin!" She clambered out from the bushes, snapping twigs in half and ripping leaves as she went. She gripped her bag tightly, making sure it couldn't swing off from her shoulder as she increased speed.
"What have I told you about running off- huh?" Her attention was drawn towards the egg at Fennekin's paws, eyes sparkling with curiosity. She kneeled down beside the fox Pokemon and gently reached towards the egg, trying desperately to remember what Pokemon would emerge.
"It was just sitting here, Laika!" Laika looked at Fennekin for a moment before switching her attention back towards the egg, running her fingertips over the smooth white and blue surface gently.

'Eep! No touching! No touching!! No touching!!!' Your head screamed, disliking the odd touch through the thin layer of the shell. Your thoughts continued to grow louder, and louder, and louder until you couldn't bear with them any longer. Using as much strength as you could muster up, you attempted to move your body, frustration fueling your actions as much as curiosity.
"H-huh? It's hatching! Fennekin, it's hatching! What do I do?" Fennekin jumped at the sudden shouting, ears flattening back in irritation.
'Maybe you should stop screaming like a madwoman and set it down before you break it...' She thought unenthusiastically, taking a few steps away from her trainer. Laika continued to freak out as the shell began to crack and split, a bright light emanating from within. Her gaze fell into a squint whilst continuing to stare at the hatching egg. Eventually, the light became too much for both beings before it, causing them to look away with closed eyes.

"Hah!? Let go of me!" You cried out, squirming about within the human's arms. Her head spun around, eyes sparkling as they stared into your own. You blinked nervously, frozen in place as her face drew closer to yours.
"Uwah! You're so cute!" You flinched before glaring at her, your frubbles beginning to bubble furiously. Without warning, you threw a fistful of your frubbles into her face, jumping out of her grasp as soon as you were able. Laika fell back due to the impact, hands clutching her face as she tore the sticky frubbles off.
"H-Hey! What was that for?" Fennekin cried, jumping in front of her trainer protectively, little flames beginning to spark at the sides of her jaws. You sat awaiting her move, frubbles bubbling as they slowly encased your head.
"Well, I don't like being held by someone I don't know! Especially when I've just woken up!" You argued, letting a growl rumble from your throat and into the air. Fennekin took a moment to recover from the unexpected vocal attack as you looked away and stuck your nose up.

Fennekin growled, crouching down, ready to pounce. Laika pulled one more handful of the white substance from her face, shaking her hand rapidly to rid of it.
"Fennekin, no!" You turned your head slightly, watching the female through the corner of your eye. She shifted up onto her knees, setting a hand in her lap and the other on Fennekin's head.
"I'm sorry if we startled you, Froakie. You just kind of startled me when you hatched..." You flinched, looking at her in disbelief.
'I startled you? What?' Last time you checked, it had been you that was the most startled and had every right to be.

There was a long silence that drew out across the area, hanging lowly about the three of you. Your frubbles retracted from your head and settled, no longer bubbling. Fennekin sat down, closing her eyes happily as Laika continued to smoothen out her pelt softly. You tipped your head, something that didn't go unseen by Laika.
"I still can't get over how cute you are..! Y'know, I really wanted a Froakie as my starter, but when I got to Professor Sycamore's lab, the Froakie there had already been taken. So, I was left with this troublesome vixen," she explained calmly, smiling as Fennekin shifted away with a huff, seeming offended she wasn't her original choice.
"But, it wasn't a mistake that I found her instead. We've already had a ton of adventures together, haven't we?"
"Yep!" You straightened up, wondering why she had started this sudden story.