Euphoria

I lay on the crisp bed closing my eyes slowly, taking another calming breath before getting up and entering the bathroom. I watch myself in the mirror, looking for any sign of life in my sunken eyes. The eyes that used to be so vibrant with life, but this world and all its problems got to me, didn't it.

It always does

I slip into the shower letting the hot water run all over my skin. I can't remember the last time I had a shower. Titus wouldn't let me have one in case I tried to harm myself. I don't blame him I am afraid of the person I've become

I almost laugh at the thought, I have nothing left to live for. The man I loved was stripped from my life, taken away from me cruelly. I twist the ring on my finger, the one thing I was able to hide from Linwood. Sadly, the bracelet got destroyed.

The water starts to burn my unhealed back but I don't care. I let my mind wander to Togo my loving dog, to the rose garden my husband built for me, to the family I once thought I could repair a relationship with, to my real parents who are dead and dorment in Linwood's mind.

It takes me a moment to realise that I've crouched in a ball at the corner of the vast shower, unable to breath. Is this what a panic attack is like? I've never had one before.

Soon I can't differentiate whether my face is wet with tears or just the water. It's as if my minds gone blank, void of all emotions. I can't feel anything

I slip out of the shower and wrap a towel around my burning body. I slowly unlock the door and peak outside searching for any sign of Era and quietly creep out.

I go to what I think is my old room and open the door, rummaging through the closet to find some of my old clothes. I have to dust some out   because I haven't been here in a while, so I settle for a black top with black sweatpants and tie my raggedy hair up into a messy ponytail.

I sit on the bed looking around before turning on the tv. I need anything to keep my mind off of everything. I flick through channels until I see a familiar face on the screen Ackerman Pita.

"Hello everyone from the Moon, Blood and Dust Kingdoms and welcome to the Pita Show" he beams directly into the camera acting as if a few months ago he wasn't hosting a ceremony where a King died

"Today we celebrate the remembrance of the great King Linwood who died this day three months ago by murder. The children of the Blood Kingdom are so grieved that they seem to have not chosen a new King yet. They say they are still waiting for their Queen who went missing that night to come back to the throne"

I gasp in shock as a picture of Linwood and I on the night pops on the screen. He suddenly lowers his voice into a whisper as if he isn't the only one there.

"But get this, there are rumours that she has been kidnapped and is being held captive. As tensions rise between the people on who should take the throne, Queen Sabrina, ruler of the Dust Kingdom and one of Linwood's closest friends urges the people to stay calm"

That's wrong Linwood didn't have any friends. He only had me

And you only had him

"The background of the Queen is said to be unknown. The exotic and refreshing young beauty was given the opportunity to be the Select for this years Delectus and is said to have had a romantic relationship with the King before the competition started. Sources say they lived together and had a pet named Togo, who is now being taken care of by Queen Sabrina and the two planned to build a family together"

My hand clenches round the remote, the sadness I felt before suddenly turns to anger. If it wasn't for her Linwood and I would still be together, she helped Titus ruin me. I bend my arm to throw the remote at the tv that shows Sabrina's face but pause when Ackerman stills

"BREAKING NEWS: King Titus said to have made an alliance with the King of the humans, Olu, Titus' former Beta and his wife Charmion also Titus' former "mate". Wow, is it great to see our Kingdoms getting along after so many years of conf-"

Before he could finish the Tv is lying on the floor ripped for it's socket, the screen smashed to pieces. I walk calmly to the kitchen and search for something to calm my nerves before a few bottles of alcohol in the cupboards catches my eye. I open a random bottle and chug all it's contents down.

I gag at it's bitter taste but don't stop none the less. I heard it's meant to help you feel good.

Bottle after bottle is popped open until there's half a dozen empty ones rolling on the hardwood floor.

I've never gotten drunk before, I tended to shy away from things like that when I was in high school.

But I like the feeling it gives me

It feels like I just got a spinning chair like when I was 6 at the funfair. I giggle at the thought. Then it turns into full blown laughter, I haven't laughed like this for so long. Not since Linwood. I run to the draws looking for scissors.

I grab it and chop my ponytail watching the strands fall to the ground. I giggle as I pick them up. tears running down my face

"Aw why did I do that, Linwood loved it long"

I strip off my sweatpants getting to uncomfortable in them as I kick them to the side, I grab my unfinished bottle from the counter. Taking a swig before it's down to it's last drop.

My arm casually drops it the ground and I watch in amazement as it shatters into a gazillion pieces.

I don't care, I'm in my own little Euphoria.

Nobody can hurt me