Reunion

"Seems like you two got an upgrade" I laugh

"I have to say the same for you" Mother taunts

The grip on my sword tighten

Mother notices and sniggers "I see, since when did you get so violent"

"Since the day I left you guys behind. Seems I learnt from the best"

"Oh well, what are parents for"

"Parents like you two are useless"

"Useless, we put up with you. Another man's child for 18 years be grateful"

"What, excuse me. I think you guys need to recheck the past 18 years" I laugh

He suddenly speaks up

"Oh look Tocarra she doesn't know. The former king, your father was my best friend and I......we killed him to acquire the throne. What we didn't know is that his wife, your mother had already had you before the poison kicked in. We planned to kill her and the baby..you. Surprisingly you were put in our custody after they died"

"We decided we would wait until Olu, our son turned 18, crown him and kill you off. But you pushed him into the forbidden forest. Somehow you knew. "

"If we killed you the council would know and banish us for murder of the next in line. But thank the heavens you stupidly left that night before you turned 18. You would have gotten the throne." They both laugh hysterically

I am still. It dawns on me

"So that means Olu isn't my...."

"Yes, he isn't"

My mind goes blank. Everything stops. My eyes begin to burn. Hard.

Everything hits me. My real parents that I never knew about were murdered, I am the rightful heir to the throne and the boy, I risked my life for, gave up my life for and suffered for wasn't even my brother. My ears start to ring and I begin to feel tingles all over my body.

I let out a blood curling scream. The pain hits ten fold. White marks scrap the surface of my skin. The glass mirrors shatter.

I look the king dead straight into the eye.

"You lied to me, to Olu"

"What makes you think he doesn't know"

That was the last straw. My eyes cloud over. Something clicks

"Kill all your soldiers. Don't stop until they are all screaming bloody murder. Do you hear me"

"Yes" he breathes

And you I look at the Queen "Watch, watch as your husband slays any help you have. Now go"

When they turn. I fall to ground. Shattered glass lies everywhere. I catch my reflection and suddenly regret it. My gray blue eyes are gone and all that is left is white, pure white. White marks dash across my nose. I kneel and look at myself.

What have I become. All for someone who.....who will never love

Corasi you knew

Jeana

Did you know

Yes

I shut her out. I can't trust anyone. That means if Corasi knew Era knew.

A lump grows in my throat. Everyone has betrayed me

I look towards the window and make my way towards it. I hear the screams of the warriors from the field as I jump and make my way back to the others.

Only wanting blood of my estranged brother coating my hands