Chapter 7: Too Young

WARNING sexual content 

When we reached the bottom of the stairs everyone had stopped talking and looked over to me.

The man that had first come up after Tatum was looking at me, trying to work me out but eventually returned to his food as the man beside him, a monster of muscles just raised an eyebrow and gave Tatum a smug smirk.

Alpha Reid and David smiled reassuringly at me as their betas just continued to eat as usual, giving me a brief wave as they always did before they thought with their stomachs again.

Aunt Petricia looked worried and went to get up to come over to me but Tatum placed me at the furthest point off the table and sat me between himself and the smirking man.

Uncle Rick sighed and took his seat at the head of the table before running his hands through his hair, smiling at me and then repeating the act until a plate was placed in front of him, Tatum and myself.

I was grateful that we had taken the time to make an extra lasagne in fear of the two bottomless pits scoffing down all the food first. I quickly smiled apologetically at the woman who placed the pasta in front of me. She shook her head and smiled warmly at me before exiting the dining room and retreating to the kitchen.

As everyone ate I took the chance to lift my head a little and take in the table. Everyone was eating but it was oddly quiet other than the two animals wolfing down their third plate of food.

''Manners!'' Aunt Petricia chided them as they went to grab at their food with their hands.

''Sorry.'' They lowered their head like pups, picking up their forks and knives again mirroring each other the way they always did. Twins.

Before the silence could over take us again, Tatum slashed at it with a sharp knife and then planted a bomb before anyone could even take another bite.

''I want my mate to come back with me.''

The table erupted into fits of coughing and choking on food from uncle Rick and aunt Petricia. Alpha David and Reid just looked over the man, calculating his intent and holding emotionless faces waiting for my uncle and aunt to stop choking as they pat each other backs.

The betas were still filling their faces as they watched the scene play out and the man next to me laughed into his hand, a rough, manly laugh that sounded like it wasn't used much before he covered it and pretended it was just him clearing his throat.

My eyes probably looked like they were bugging out of my head. I didn't understand much of mating or being mates. It wasn't a topic my uncle or aunt were jumping at me with. They probably still thought I was an eight-year-old boy in their eyes, just a baby. So this conversation was one I couldn't jump into confidently. Not that I got a chance.

''You know he is an omega?'' The man beside him casually said as he took a sip of the red wine in his glass. I had come to gather he was the new Alpha. Alpha Lance.

''Yes.'' Tatum stared at the man and it went like that for the next few minutes.

Tatum and Alpha Lance just kept staring at each other, not once did they move their bodies or change the emotion on their blank faces. It looked like they were working out if the other was serious before the Alpha broke the stare and turned back to his wine without a word.

I couldn't even talk. I felt like a deer caught at a table of predators just swinging my head around at everyone trying to look for any sign of danger.

''Your- Your mate?'' Uncle Rick coughed out.

''Yes.''

Uncle Rick looked at a loss for words at Tatum's serious tone and Aunt Petricia just looked mortified, her eyes darting between Tatum and me.