Chapter 6: Pinkie Promise

My body was shaking and tears were threatening to spill down my cheeks as I huddled close to my dressers beside my door, my hands firmly knotted in my hair besides my temples.

Why did my body do this? I could smell my own arousal and it was strong. I had no doubt everyone down stairs knew how my body was reacting but I wanted to know why!

I was just taking out the lasagne and then that smell.... It was the same smell from the market and I couldn't help it. My body just reacted! I had no control! My body hadn't done anything like this before and I couldn't understand it. 

They're going to be so angry when they see how messy I made the kitchen from dropping that dish. They had guests and I ruined everything. Damn it.

My ears picked up a feral growl and heavy feet slamming on the stairs as a person ran up them and towards my door. Oh god, it's probably our enforcer coming to punish me.

My body trembled and a sob split my throat as my door was busted open, splinters flying from where the lock had once sat in place and an unknown man came barrelling in before his shining silver eyes locked with mine.

He was advancing on me and I could tell his wolf was in control from his eyes, so I did what I do when any big man comes near me; I whimpered and curled in on myself, hiding my torso and face to protect myself as much as possible.

I had never done anything to have had hands laid on me in my pack, but that didn't mean I wasn't a bit anxious whenever I saw a large male. It was in my omega blood to be scared of higher ranks, especially because of my past.

His shadow loomed over me and his wolf let off a rumbling sound in his chest causing my wolf to whine and I lifted my head to the side, looking away from the male and giving him my neck in submission.

''Tatum!'' Another male I wasn't familiar with charged into the room and took in the scene. ''What the hell are you doing!?''

Tatum glared over at the older man and let out a ferocious growl as he stepped between me and the larger man, his head dropping getting ready to attack.

''Leave!'' Tatum growled out, barely sounding human as his wolf shot out the words.

What was he doing? Is he going to actually kill me? I let out a scared whimper and tried to curl into the corner of my wall and tall boy more. I had never been in this kind of situation before. I was usually left to myself. No one had ever been in my room but my family.

His eyes turned to me for a split second, his eyebrows sloping up as a soft whine left his mouth. I didn't understand, one second he's growling and the next he's whining. I couldn't understand him at all and the brief moment of concentration on the man let my wolf take in his surroundings as he sniffed the air and the intoxicating scent swirled through my nose and registered in my brain.

His eyes turned murderous again towards the unknown man as a soft breathy mewl slipped past my lips at the scent of him.

The man's eyes seemed to click with understanding as he slowly raised his hands showing he held no intent to harm and he cautiously backed out of the room and traveled back down the stairs, dragging with him more footsteps telling me he wasn't the only one in the hallway.

After a second of glaring at the door, the black haired, silver-eyed male slowly stalked back over to me, dropping down on one knee to take in my appearance. His eyes flashed when they hit the bloody pools at my feet, the raw skin burning red from the pasta and the trickle of red rivers rushing from the embedded glass.

His large hands slowly moved towards my feet but I pulled them back closer to my body whining at the movement.

''I'm not going to hurt you. I want to fix it.'' His voice was smooth as honey and glided into my ears. ''Is that okay?''