Chapter 17: Pride

Jaidan

My face could have been compared to a capsicum it was so red.

''So, Princess, what's on the agenda?'' Alic hadn't stopped grinning from the second I saw him walk through the door.

''Uhm..''

''Not to worry! I have one planned already.'' He clapped his hands and waved his arms around gesturing to his clothes. ''Get dressed.''

''Okay...'' I watched him happily walk out of the room.

My hackles rose in suspicion of the mammoth of a man as I set about finding a shirt and pants, settling on one of Tatum's black short sleeved shirts and my pants I brought with me. The shirt proved to be a hassle though as one side of the v-neck slid off my shoulder forcing one arm to become a three-quarter length sleeve.

''Princess.'' I yelped as he walked back through the room and quickly did up the faded wash jeans. ''Let's go.''

Alic's cheery mood didn't falter even as we passed pack members who blatantly stopped and stared at the large man's grin and his boa constrictor arms linking with my noodle ones.

''Welcome to the outside world!'' He opened his arms as if he was welcoming me to a theme park and set about pulling me down rocks, ledges and dirt footpaths. ''You haven't really been outside other than the other day so I thought I'd give you the grand tour, seeing as you'll be Luna soon.''

''How does that work though?''

Alic hummed in question but his steps never stopped as he led me through trees as if we were taking a morning stroll through a garden.

''Me being Luna? Contrary to your nickname, I am in fact a male.'' His eyebrows knitted together as if he was genuinely shocked at my statement and trying to work out if I was seriously a guy. Had a smirk not crept onto his face I would have seriously worried that he didn't know.

''You don't have to be male to be an Alpha, do you? There are Alpha females the same way there are Luna males.''

''There are Luna males?'' If I was any stronger I would have pulled him to a stop but his sure steps pulled me along with him.

''Yes, but usually omegas don't get mated into Alpha families as the omega mate has less a success of living after childbirth of carrying such a dominant child inside them, compared to a high ranking dominant female surviving a full term pregnancy with a little devil knocking around in there.'' His hand playfully rubbed my stomach before I swatted it away. ''It seems it's becoming a tradition in our pack though.''

''I can't give Tatum children.'' My eyes fell to the ground watching the leaves trying to blow out of our path as we crunched the falling autumn leaves.

''That won't stop his wolf from trying.'' His laugh was deep but still as scratchy as the first day I met him.

''What do you mean?''

''My little Princess, just like this morning he's going to keep attacking for a few days, maybe even weeks before his wolf mellows out. Though I doubt he'll mellow out too much. I thought his wolf was going to mount you and have you right there in the hot spring.'' His eye closed in a wink and a lascivious grin took his teasing smile away. ''Your wolf is going to keep wanting it like this morning too. Your wolf wants to be pregnant.''

My mouth fell open and my face heated so much I could almost feel sweat forming in the cold air.

''It's the fresh mating bond.'' I felt his finger under my chin, closing my mouth before his hand tapped the mark on my left shoulder and my knees almost buckled. ''Don't worry. It'll be less sensitive after your mating period is up. Your wolf will soon realise it can't give Tatum a pup.''