*In Sickness and Health*

Comincia dall'inizio

I thought it was odd that there was clapping but we sat down and Ms. Plunkett stood up again. I figured we were going to move on from this and do more worksheets or have a “conversation” about the things that normally deal with weddings.  But Jackson and Melanie stood up and went to the front of the class. “Now there is an example of the more likely situation.”  Melanie stepped up.

“Of course I want a big wedding, It’s my day. I want a designer gown, a tiara, real flowers, a twelve layer cake and sit down meal at the reception. It’s my wedding day.” She sounded like a child.  Jackson rolled his eyes.

“It’s not your day, it’s our day. I know the bride gets all the fuss but us guys are getting married too. I’d rather have a house than a stupid wedding. She wants to spend two hundred thousand on a wedding, not including a honeymoon. We can buy a house for that much. Priorities, Melaine.” She rolled her eyes at him and he flipped her off where  only a few people could see.  Ms. Plunkett ushered them on their way back to their seats and started talking again.

Like most of the day, I zoned out. Giles brought me back when it was time to go and he dropped me off at Choir. I could do that stuff in my sleep in any but what I didn’t realize was that I was already home before I was about myself again. I blinked a few times and look over at Giles.

“Hey thanks for being cool about it. Sorry I…” I didn’t know what to say

    “It’s Ok. You wanna come watch a movie, relax?”  I just followed him threw my back yard and over a couple of streets. We just  walked right in and up the stairs. I didn’t even realize I was in his room until I was already on his bed, next to him.  The familiar opening scene of Deadpool, started on the big screen on this dresser across the room. He was so close I could feel his warmth radiating off of  him.  “You want something to drink? I’m going to go get some snacks?”

    I just nodded and he went down stairs and came back with a tray of snacks and two glasses of soda. I took the glass of soda to try and get aware. I felt like I hadn’t slept in weeks. Deadpool was one of my favorite movies and it made me feel better. Your friend neighbourhood pool guy.

    “I enjoyed your pie. Peach is my favorite.” I had to think for a moment.  I had made him a pie. I looked over him. He was completely relaxed. It was like we did this all the time. I was in la la land. I was laying in bed with Giles St. Claire like it was old hat, what the fuck?  “ You ok sugar lips?”  I busted out laughing.

    “Thank you, Hubs. I needed that.” There was a noise down stairs and he left the room telling me to wait. I took a brownie and giggled at Wade and Vanessa’s banter. Oh I could only dream of a relationship like that. Then I hear a little squeal and Giles had his baby sister in his arms. She was so precious. He sat back down next to me, but she climbed over him to me.

    “Hey!” She laughed in his face.

    “Kids love me.”  I held her in my lap and she twirled her fingers in my hair, rubbing it against her checks with a big yawn. “Oh sleepy baby.” She snuggled into my chest and my heart melted.

“She usually naps with me in the afternoon, but obviously.”

“It’s not your fault, I just have a much more comfortable place to rest.”  Just as he said, it wasn’t just a few more minutes longer and she was out. He went to take her but I protested. “No, it’s been awhile since I got to hold a sleeping baby. Just for a little while, please?”  I gave him the sad eyes and boo boo lip.

“Ok, do you want more to drink?”  I nodded and he left. I’m not sure how long he was gone, but I woke up with him sneaking her out of my arms. I tried to look grumpy but he just stuck his tongue out and took her anyway. He sway gently side to side out the door and down the hall. So adorable.