The Second Task / They Know Now

Start from the beginning

"This is all just one big headache after another." Harry gave another resigned sigh. "Percy, could you, you know... Could you teach me?"

Percy sighed. "Sorry Harry, I can't. Believe me, if I could, I totally would but remember what I said? Only super powerful, and well-trained wizards can pull it off, or someone who's just freakishly good at it naturally. I'm a natural. I never really trained at it. It just sort of happens. If you want ask Hecate, she knows all about it. I'm sure she would help."

Harry looked a bit deflated but nodded anyway. "...Right. I'll do that then."

"Cool. Now that that's all settled, tell me really. How was last night?" Percy asked with a small smirk.

Harry's gloomy attitude finally seemed to fade away. The boy grinned. "It was...amazing."

"Did you and Padma have fun?"

"Yeah." Harry nodded. "We danced a little, then I took her to the garden. Don't think I didn't notice you and Hermione there as well, we just didn't want to intrude. But we found our own spot and we just enjoyed the silence."

"Ah, the student tries to embarrass the master... I see. Did you kiss Padma goodnight?"

"Percy!" Harry punched his arm, trying desperately to hide a bright blush.

"What?" Percy complained, roaring with laughter. "It's a perfectly normal question! Did you kiss her or not-"

Harry slapped his hands to Percy's mouth. "-Not so loud!"

Percy raised an eyebrow. When Harry let go, he grinned. "Well?"

Harry's face was still furiously red. "Y-Yeah I did... Just on the cheek though! She has a boyfriend already."

"Well, shoot. Sorry about that man. I was rooting for you two!"

"It was still a great night though, and I made a new friend. I never knew she was so much different from her sister!"

Percy ruffled the kid's already scraggly hair. "At least you're looking on the bright side, that's good. I'm happy for you."

They spent some time chatting and slowly eating, until Hermione walked in. She walked over to them beaming, her hair softly bouncing with each step. Percy noticed that her hair was still sleek and shiny like it had been the previous night.

Percy smiled. "Morning, Hermione. How did you sleep?"

"Fantastic." She smiled as she took the seat beside Percy, leaving no gap between them despite the entire table being empty. She pulled up a plate and filled it with food before smiling at Harry. "Hello Harry, how was your date with Padma?"

Harry shrugged with a grin. "Can't complain."

"Hullo everyone!" Ron called happily, taking his own seat by Harry. "Bloody hell, last night was a doozy, eh?" Harry and Hermione both looked at him nervously. Percy thought that he'd be jealous of Ron at the least, potentially even upset, but he didn't expect to feel nothing at all. He simply accepted that he and Fleur weren't going to work and he moved on.

'Wow, am I maturing or is it just me?' He thought to himself with a little smile.

Banished Into Magic: A Percy Jackson/Harry Potter Crossover On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara