Letters From "Friends"

On the second day of school Percy found himself running late.

He had woken up late, stayed at breakfast for far too long and was now currently lost trying to get to class. And the worst part? The class he was late for was Potions. He'd been warned about the class far too many times for his liking. So there went Percy's idea of making a good first impression on Snape.

'Okay, I'm pretty sure I passed this lamp three times now!' Percy huffed angrily as he looked around frantically searching for the dungeons.

Suddenly a whiff of something salty floated across the air. The neutral smell of the dungeon made it stand out even more. Percy stopped running and took a deep breath.

'That smells like...like horklump juice!' Percy recognized that ingredient instantly. It was widely used and very powerful. And it was coming from right behind him!

Percy turned around immediately and ran toward the scent. He sniffed the air like a dog slowly drawing closer. He turned a corner and saw a double door wide open with a class inside.

Percy grinned as he charged inside, crossing the threshold mere moments before the start of class.

Percy fist pumped. "Yes! I made it!"

The students that had already arrived turned around had stared at Percy in horror. The demigod noticed that the students in the class were either Slytherin or Gryffindor. Of said Gryffindors Percy noticed Fred, George, Angelina and Alicia.

"Hey guys, that was close huh? Did the Professor arrive yet?" Percy asked waving at them. However they didn't wave back. They looked scared. Angelina and Alicia had frightened looks on their face while the twins and their friends did their best not to burst out laughing.

Percy adopted a pained expression. "Don't tell me...he's right behind me isn't he?"

"Indeed he is..." Came a drawling voice from behind Percy.

Slowly the demigod turned around and was face to face with a man with a hooked nose and greasy hair. The man was only slightly taller than Percy. However, his glare alone made Percy feel very small.

Percy gulped as he put on a weak smile. "H-hello sir."

"Mr. Jackson." The man replied coldly. "You were almost late."

"Almost being the keyword." Percy laughed weakly. But Snape did not. Percy slowly stopped laughing. "I'm sorry sir. I'm not used to the castle, I got lost a few times."

"You should have asked one of your housemates to show you to your class." Snape stepped past Percy, walking inside.

"They weren't really free." Percy scratched his head nervously. "Plus they were late themselves."

"Typical Gryffindor behaviour. It seems black hair and green eyes are a bad combination." Snape remarked nastily. "Five points from Gryffindor."

"Wait seriously? For what?"

Snape glared at Percy. "For your obvious inability to take this class seriously. Now take your seat, or do you wish to make that number ten?"