7.

July 2, 2018
Yvonne Santiago | Yvonne

July 2, 2018Yvonne Santiago | Yvonne

(changed her face claim.)

I chewed on my gum as I added the top coat over my clients nails. She was my last customer of the day and I was ready to go home.

I gestured for her to put her hand underneath the UV light.

I got up and began cleaning my section. I worked in a black owned beauty salon that had basically everything. You could come in here to get your eyebrows done, lashes, hair, nails, toes and allat.

The woman who made the salon, Breanna wanted to give a chance to every young entrepreneur who was on the come up. We were required to be really professional and serious about business before she hired us. I really appreciated her because with this job I saved up to buy a car and finally got a chance to buy my own shit. My mom never gave me money for anything at all, not even food. She was always worried about a nigga and barely cared about me.

When my dad died 3 years ago, my life took the worst turn it could ever take. Sometimes I be wishing I could've went with him but I know he would hate hearing me say or even think stuff like that. So I pull through and tough it out for him.

"Thank you so much Yvonne, I love them!"

"You're welcome, have a goodnight." I said as she left the shop.

I quickly finished sweeping and reorganized my polishes then wiped my table down.

Yawning, I went to the back to get my stuff.

I always end up being the last one here since I'm always booked. In Atlanta, girls loved getting dolled up and they were consistent on getting their nails done. If someone comes to me once they always come back. I'm passionate about my work so I love when people appreciate it.

But damn a bitch be tired.

I grabbed my phone walking out.

I locked the door and brought down the gate locking that too.

I opened my purse and got my pepper spray, it's too late out here and ion even play like that with these weirdo niggas.

The shop was in a mini mall with other stores around but I had to park down the street since the parking lot in front of the shop was full this morning.

I began walking as I saw a group of niggas. I rolled my eyes hard as fuck. I really hope they don't talk to me, I was looking raggedy as fuck anyways.

I turned my phone on looking at completely nothing as I walked past.

None of them said anything, they just looked.