Soft Center Hard Candy (Taishiro Toyomitsu x Reader)

Why didn't he call earlier? The stupid old man doesn't know when to ask for help. You had just returned from America, working as a hero over there. You only planned to do it for a short time just because you were in it for the experience and nothing more. During that time, your grandfather had neglected to tell you about some of his struggles.

You looked on at the trashed restaurant and sighed. Some villains or delinquents must have destroyed while your grandfather was in the hospital with a broken leg. You began to clean up the place since you didn't have to meet up with the hero that they were partnering you up with until later on that afternoon. After a couple of hours, you had the place cleaned of any broken items and started to work on getting the windows replaced. It was just calling a couple of contractors to come in to replace those windows and install new floors. It seemed the damage was limited to the main part of the restaurant since everything else seemed untouched. You felt your phone go off and decided to answer.

"Hey, is this Shocker?" You heard a man's voice ask.

"May I ask who this is?" You asked frowning a bit. Who has your number and knows your hero name.

"This is Fatgum, the one you are partnering with. We were supposed to meet about half an hour ago?" He asked a bit uncertain. You paused and slowly pulled the phone away to look at the time. Sure enough, you were late.

"Shit, sorry. I lost track of time." You said as you went into the kitchen and quickly change into your hero costume. "Where are you? I can meet up with you."

"Well I was going to go to this ramen shop but it seems pretty trashed. I wonder what happened." He mused and you could hear the talking nearby too.

After you put your mask you, you popped your head out of the kitchen to see a large man in yellow and a couple of kids, a nervous-looking kid and a confident-looking one with red hair. The man looked surprised and hung up his phone, as did you. You walked out and looked at the group up and down. 

"So I can take that you are Fatgum but who are the kids?" You asked still slightly annoyed by the situation with your grandpa's shop. The nervous-looking kid twitched and the red-haired one's smile fell a bit. Fatgum kept his smile and patted the nervous kid.

"This is Suneater and the other one is Red Riot. They are interns at my agency. You two, this is the hero that is partnering up with me for now." Fatgum introduced.

"At least until I save up enough to open my own agency. My hero name is Shocker." You announced to the group. They seemed a bit taken aback by your attitude but you didn't care. It was always a comment you had received no matter where you went so you decided not to let it bother you. You felt someone lightly smack your head and you turned to see your grandpa.

"Please don't mind my granddaughter. She seems rough but she is sweet. Just take the chance to get to know her." He spoke up and bowed to them.

"No worries, sir. What happened here?" Fatgum asked.

"Yeah, that's what I want to know too." You growled and fully faced your grandpa. "I've been in America but no once did you tell me about any problems going on, old man. I told you to let me know and I would come back home. I didn't care much for being in America anyway."

"Calm down. I had slipped and broken my leg. This thing with my restaurant must have happened last night. It looks like you just took the lead on it Maemi. Oh sorry, I mean Shocker." Your grandpa chuckled when he saw the angry look on your face.

"Whatever, let's go. Let me know where you want to eat, I will treat you all. Old man, you will need to order the new furniture." You said as you followed the group out.