Hero in Distress (Mirio Togata x Reader)

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoy this one. It is a bit longer than my other stories and it is a bit sad to start. You've been warned! Also, please remember that I do not own BNHA or the artwork attached. The reader character and story concept are my ideas. :)

You had just received your acceptance into the academy when it all happened. You stayed in an orphanage since you were five. Your parents were heroes who were killed in action and you had no other family. There were other kids around here but you have seen many get adopted while you remained. You were labeled the big sister and any kids who came in mostly took an instant liking to you and you enjoyed it. They were your inspiration to take steps to become a hero. After you read your acceptance into UA, you ran out of your room to go tell the director of the orphanage when the explosion came from the front door. In walked villains in lab coats and gas masks. You heard their thoughts of capturing the children to develop their quirks and force them to complete villainous acts. 

'Everyone needs to run! Villains have broken in, get to safety!' You used your quirk, telepathy, to warn everyone. The thing was the villains could hear the warning too since you did not have full control. It wasn't long before one of them caught up to you and knocked you out.

Now you sit in a cell of the villain's hideout. Right now you should be starting your third year at UA but you are here going through one horrible experiment after another. You do your best to protect the other children that they captured but you do not fight or struggle much since you lost hope after the first few months had passed and no heroes came. The only thing you think of now, other than the well being of the children, is how those two are doing. You hope that they are becoming heroes like they were aiming to be.

"Big sis, I don't like it here. Is anyone going to help us? I don't want to die!" One of the young boys asked. He is about six years old and it breaks your heart to see them crying like this. The villains had kept the children from the orphanage with you since you were good at keeping them calm for the most part. In total, they had grabbed about fifteen of the thirty kids from the orphanage before they knew they had to escape. Now, including you, there were only seven. 

"I honestly don't know. I'm sorry but don't worry when you all become old enough to go through the training course I will protect you. I swear on my life." The six children with you were too young to put through the training courses so the rest of you over the age of eight went through it. You are the only older child that made it through. You did everything you could to protect them and warn them of the dangers that came near them. Once the villains saw that your quirk was becoming stronger and more focused, they separated you from them. After that, you never saw them alive again. You hated yourself and still do for failing to protect them. You've sharpened your quirk so much to where you can now see images in other peoples' heads. It has given you the upper hand when the head villains took you out on their missions.

A sigh escaped your lips as you hugged the sobbing child. Most of the children have become withdrawn and kept quiet the majority of the time. The only one who seemed hopeful was the young boy, Hikaru. He always asked you about the stories of heroes and you would quietly share it with all of the children. He was the only one who held tightly to the stories you shared, the others were like you who gave up hope a long time ago and tried to keep the pain and despair locked away.

You knew something had to change but you can't do it by yourself. If you did escape, you don't know if you could ever become a hero after all the things you helped the villains with. You could have stopped them by giving warnings to the heroes but the threat that the children would be killed kept you from doing so. If only there was a guarantee they would be safe so you could get help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's get out of here." The boss barked to you and the other villains. There were a couple of heroes who got to the scene, well a hero and a sidekick? You were still trying to figure that one out based on their thoughts. It would be too tiring to check the images in their heads right now. You were running behind the group and you could hear the heroes getting closer.