Chapter 2

I heard Scott yelling in the locker room, he was spaced out since he went to talk to Allison. I walked into the locker room,
Scott yelled" Yes, her father! Oh, my god. Oh, my god..."
Stiles said" No, Scott, come on, snap back. You okay?"
I said" Fill me in!"
" Allison's father is one of the hunters who shot Scott."
" Oh, my god..." Scott was freaking out," Hey, all right. He didn't recognize you, right?"
Scott said" No, no, no, I don't think so..."
Stiles said" Does she know about him?"
" Oh, yeah, I don't know. What if she does?" The whistle blew," This is gonna kill me, man. I can't..."
" Okay, just focus on lacrosse, okay? Here, Scott, take this. Take this and focus on lacrosse for now, okay?" He pushed all of the gear into Scott's arms," That's all you gotta do, yeah?"
" Lacrosse..."
" Here we go!" Stiles and I walked away from him,
I said" Stiles..."
" I'm hoping for the best, shut up."
" Good to know... his heart..." I pouted," He looks like a sad little puppy."
" Yeah! I know."

They were playing, I was watching from the benches, Jackson got Scott good, and Coach was teasing the hell out of Scott.
Coach yelled" McCall's gonna do it again! McCall's gonna do it again!" Scott went back then ran at Jackson, not even trying to dodge, just slammed right into him. Jackson fell down, Scott grabbed his helmet and went to his knees. I ran onto the field, Stiles got to Scott,
Stiles said" Scott?"
Scott said" I can't control it, Stiles. It's happening."
" What? Right here? Now? Come on. Get up! Go!" We grabbed Scott, dragging him back to the locker room, I saw Derek watching. I focused on Scott again, looking at Stiles, this isn't good!
We got to the locker room,
Stiles said" Down. You okay? Scott, you okay?"
Scott yelled" Get away from me!" Stiles pushed me out of the locker room, I hid behind the wall, breathing heavily. Scott stalked Stiles around the locker room till Stiles got back to me, Stiles grabbed a fire extinguisher, and sprayed Scott. Scott fell over the bench, Stiles hid behind the wall next to me,
I heard Scott say" Stiles? What happened?" Stiles took off his gloves and we went back in there,
Stiles said" You tried to kill me. It's like I told you before. It's the anger, it's your pulse rising. It's a trigger."
" But that's lacrosse. It's a pretty violent game, if you hadn't noticed."
I said" Well, it's gonna be a lot more violent if you end up killing someone on the field."
Stiles said" You can't play Saturday. You're gonna have to get out of the game."
Scott said" But I'm first line."
" Not anymore."

Scott and I got home, he flopped onto his bed, I sat next to him, playing with his hoodie.
Mom said" Hey, It's late shift again for me. But I am taking Saturday off to see your first game."
Scott said" No, mom, you can't."
" Oh, no, I can and I will. Come on, one shift isn't going to break us. Not completely. Hey, what's wrong with your eyes?" He sat up, I looked at his eyes, and they were normal, I felt my heart stop for a second." You look like you haven't slept in days."
" Uh, it's nothing. I'm just stressed."
" Just stress? Nothing else?"
" Homework."
" I mean, it's not like you're on drugs or anything, right?"
" Right now?"
" Right now? I'm sorry, what do you mean, right now? Have you ever taken drugs?"
" Have you?" Mom started walking out,
" Get some sleep." Scott groaned, flopping his head back onto the bed, I smiled, laughing.
I said" She does know I'm on like 15 drugs, right?" Scott covered my mouth with his hand, pushing my face away from him.

We got onto vid chat with Stiles, he pointed a nerf at us,
Scott asked" What'd you find out?"
Stiles said" Well, it's bad. Jackson's got a separated shoulder."
" Because of me."
Stiles and I said" Because he's a tool." I gave Stiles a thumbs up,
" But is he gonna play?"
Stiles said" Oh, they don't know yet. Now they're just counting on you for Saturday." Scott groaned, I patted his shoulder, looking down at my book I was reading. The server started breaking up, I saw Stiles look closer at his screen.
" It looks like what?" We watched the wheel spin, then it came up," What?" I gulped, Scott full screened and we saw someone behind us, the guy grabbed Scott, pinning him to the wall. I saw it was Derek, I backed away to the corner, gulping,
Derek said" I saw you on the field."
Scott said" What are you talking about?"
" You shifted in front of them. If they find out what you are, they find out about me, about all of us. And then it's not just the hunters after us, it's everyone."
" They didn't see anything. I swear..."
" And they won't. Because if you even try to play in that game on Saturday, I'm gonna kill you myself." Then Derek jumped out the window, I ran to Scott, grabbing his shoulders, staring at him.