The Battle

Jessie’s POV-

Well. This is it. Mine and Ryan’s battle to determine who goes to the knockouts. And, as we sit in the KIA taking us to the studio, I look over at Ryan. “You nervous?”, I ask him with a smile. “Y-yeah. A l-little.”, he stutters, taking in a deep breath. I look at him a little closer. He’s sweating, twiddling his fingers, and shaking his knee.

I then reach over and place my hand on his. He looks at me with a smile. “Hey. We’re going to do so great…there gonna want to steal one of us. Right?”, I ask him. “Right.”, he answers, rubbing my shoulder. The car stops and the cameramen signal us to get out. We walk in silence for them to get their footage for the show. But then, we separate and prepare to enter the arena.

This is it. The moment that could change my entire life and career. I only hope that there is a steal. I really don’t want to see Ryan leave. Not yet. I need him here. With me. They signal me to position myself. I set myself up, prepared to enter the “arena”. My nerves are going crazy. But…I am ready.

Ryan’s POV-

            I can’t believe this is really about to happen. I pace back and forth as I wait for them to tell me to go on. I silently rehears my lines, but I mostly think about Jessie. About how I feel going into this battle against her. But, I set it aside. Only because I know we have no other option.

            They wave me over to where I enter the “arena”. I stand there, jumping a little to get out my nerves. I look straight ahead. I see Jessie standing on the other side. I smile, think one last good thought, and prepare for battle.  

No POV-

            “Entering the ring now, two pop artists from Team Gwen!”, Carson announces. “Will the winner be the eighteen-year-old Alabama high school student, Jessie Pitts!?”, he continues, pointing towards Jessie. She walks out, waving and blowing kisses to the crowd.

            “Or will it be the twenty-year-old engineering student, Ryan Sill!?”, Carson shouts, gesturing towards Ryan. He ran out waving and throwing punches around like a boxer does. Once they are both on stage, they nod at each other and give one another a smile.

                                                        “Let the battle…begin.”, Carson finally said.

HEY!!! SO, FOR THIS PART, YOU NEED TO WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO OVER ON THE SIDE WITH MEDIA FOR THE REST OF THIS PART OF THE STORY.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!