Jessie's Surprise

Jessie’s POV-

            I sit there in the studio watching Ryan record and begin to think about what’s going to happen next for us. I mean…I’m going to have a baby. The only problem is I don’t know exactly how to tell Ryan. I watch as he dances around as he sings his song and it makes me smile. I look at Gwen and she’s dancing right along with him.

            “He’s doing great.”, I say as I walk over to where she is. “Yeah. He really has improved.”, Gwen replies. “I know.”, I say, looking down at my feet. “You okay Jess?”, she asks, stopping her dance moves. “Yeah. It’s just…”, I begin. “Just what?”, she asks. I hesitate, then finally, I say, “I-I’m pregnant.” Gwen’s eyes widen and she gives me a hug and shrieks at the top of her lungs. Luckily Ryan can’t hear us and his eyes are closed so he can’t see us either.

            “Congratulations!”, Gwen says with excitement. “Thanks.”, I reply. “Does Ryan know?”, she asks. “Not yet.”, I say. “When do you plan on telling him?”, she continues. “Tonight. I wanted to take him to dinner and say it then.”, I say with a smile. “PLEASE tell me how it goes.”, she says. “Don’t worry. You’ll be the first to know exactly what happens.”, I tell her.

            A moment later, Ryan quits singing and asks, “Was that good?” “It was PERFECT Ryan.”, Gwen says through the intercom. He nods and head on out of the booth. “Hey Ryan. How would you feel about going out to dinner tonight?”, I ask with a smile. “Sure. What’s the occasion?”, he asks. “It’s a surprise and you’ll just have to wait till tonight.”, I tell him. “Fine.”, he replies, giving me a kiss before we call it a day and prepare for tonight; my stomach in knots the rest of the day.

Ryan’s POV-

            About two hours later, Jessie’s taken me to this nice restaurant that I can’t even remember the name off. We sit there for a good fifteen minutes eating before I finally ask, “So what is the surprise you told me about?” Jessie quickly slurps up some pasta, which makes me laugh, then begins to talk. “Okay. Well…it’s bigger than I might have led on and I don’t want you to freak out too much.”, she says with a smile.

            I lean forward in my chair with concern. “Are you okay?”, I ask, taking her hand in mine. “Yeah, I’m fine. What I want to tell you is…”, she begins. I hold her hand tightly and wait for her to say what’s making me so nervous. “…I’m pregnant.”, she finally says. My eyes widen and I begin to smile. “A-are you serious?”, I ask with a smile. She nods with a smile and says, “Yes.” I get a large grin on my face, stand up and give her the biggest kiss and longest hug ever.

          “I-I can’t believe it.”, I laugh, still holding her in my arms. “I know.”, she laughs in response. “I-I’m going to be a father.”, I say with tears rolling down my face. “And I’m going to be a mother.”, Jessie replies, and I can tell she’s crying too. I give her another kiss, we wipe our eyes, and continue our dinner with smiles across our faces.