Ryan's Fear

Jessie's POV-

"Ryan Sill please.", I ask the woman at the desk, fear in every inch of my body. "He's right over there. He woke up about thirty minutes ago.", she tells me, pointing to a room not far away from me. "Thank you.", I say, quickly running to his room. I look and see him sitting on the edge of the bed. He's got a large bruise on the side of his head and his eye is black.

"Are you okay?", I ask him, tears in my eyes. "Yeah.", he replies with a weak smile. "What happened?", I ask him, sitting next to him. "Someone knocked on the door and, or course I answered it. The man had a gun and backed me into the apartment. Then Colin began to cry and I knocked the man to the ground. I went to get Colin and call the police, but he hit me in the head with the gun and...I blacked out.", he tells me, his body trembling.

I lean on his shoulder and wrap my arm around his. A moment later, the doctor comes in. "Hello Mrs. Sill.", he says with a small smile; probably trying to makes us feel comfortable. "Hi. So...is there anything wrong with Ryan?", I ask him as I cling to Ryan. "He's fine. A little before you got here we did a few tests to make sure he didn't have any amnesia. Luckily he remembered everything we asked him.", he explains.

"So he's going to be fine?", I ask, looking at Ryan who's still trembling. "Yes. Perfectly. He'll just have to let his eye and the bruise on his head heal.", he tells me before leaving the room. I look at Ryan and he's shaking like a leaf. "You can calm down Ry. You're going to be fine.", I tell him with a comforting smile. He looks down at his feet and actually tells me what's wrong.

Ryan's POV-

"Jess...I'm not going to be fine.", I tell her, my voice shaking. "Why would you say that?", Jessie asks me, taking my hand in hers. "Because...I'm afraid. I'm afraid that I won't be able to protect you and Colin now.", I say, tears in my eyes. "You don't have to be afraid of that. This could have happened to anybody.", she tells me with a small smile.

I look at her with glossy eyes and say, "Jessie...I was out for an hour. I have no idea what happened in the apartment. I have no clue what the kids did or what the robber...might of done." "Ryan, the kids are fine. Nothing happened to them and the robber was arrested.", she tells me, wiping a tear from my cheek. "Y-you're positive?", I ask her, taking her hand and holding it to my face.

"As positive as I can be.", she tells me with a smile. I begin to relax a little; but I still can't. "Ryan, I know you'll probably say no to this, but...do you want to see a therapist?", she asks me. I look at her and ask, "Why?" "Just to relax and to talk to. And, lets face it. After today we need someone to talk to.", she answers with a grin. I think for a minute, then say, "Can you be my therapist?" She smiles and says, "Maybe for house calls." I smile and wrap my arms around her.

All I want to do now is look at her. Look at her for as long as I possibly can. We just sit there and look at each other like we used to when we were still on the show together. Then, a minute later, she finally asks, "Can you just kiss me already?" I laugh and say, "With pleasure." I lean forward and give her a very passionate kiss. We pull away and attempt to put our foreheads together, but I wince when her forehead touches the bruise on mine. "Sorry.", she apologizes. "No worries.", I tell her, kissing her again before we check out of the hospital.