Ready Or Not, Here He Comes

Jessie’s POV-

            It’s almost time for me to have the baby. Just a few more weeks until I have our son. And I know that Ryan is the most excited. I know he would have loved to have had a daughter, but having a son is something that he really wanted. He’s already been picking out blue outfits and blush toys in the shape of footballs.

            “Ryan your loving this aren’t you?”, I laugh, sitting on the couch with a bag of chips as he carries in tons of baby boy things. “Yeah. I mean…I’m going to have a son. And that’s like every guys dream.”, he says with a small laugh. I laugh and continue to snack as he unpacks his bags.

            Suddenly, I feel a small pain in my stomach. So, I stand up and see that where I was sitting was soaking wet. I feel the pain again and say, “Ryan?” “Yeah?”, he asks. “I-I think my water just broke.”, I say, a sound of panic in my voice. “W-what? But you’re like three weeks early!”, he exclaims, a look of fear on his face. “I know. But…I’m pretty sure this baby is coming now.”, I say as calmly as I can.

            Ryan quickly helps me out the door and calls Gwen to come take us to the hospital. And sure enough, in like three minutes she’s outside helping me into the back seat of her car. “How you doing Jess?”, she asks, somehow managing to catch all the lights. “Pretty good for now. No contractions or anything yet.”, I say with a small smile as Ryan holds my hand the entire ride.

            Pretty soon we’re at the hospital and I’m being wheeled into a room while Ryan fills out paperwork. I’m then in a room and having contractions like crazy while I wait for the doctor to tell me when to push. “You okay?”, Ryan asks, a look of fear in his eyes as I squeeze his hand. “As okay as a woman giving birth can be.”, I say with a small breathy laugh as sweat drips down my forehead. A minute later, the doctor comes in and says, “Okay Jessie. Get ready to push.”

Ryan’s POV-

            As soon as Jessie begins to push, I think she broke every bone in my hand. She was screaming in pain and all I could to was bare with it. “YOU’RE DOING GREAT JESSIE!”, I hear the doctor yell over all the screams. She continues screaming, my hand turning purple from her grip. I open my mouth wide and attempt not to scream myself; Gwen looking from me to Jessie wandering who was in more pain probably.

            “YOU’RE ALMOST THERE JESSIE!”, the doctor shouts. “Thank goodness!”, I think to myself; wanting everything to calm down. Jessie is drenched in sweat and crying her eyes out in pain. “I-I can’t do it Ryan.”, she says in a weak breathy voice. “Yes you can. You’re almost there. Trust me. You can push one more time.”, I say, holding her hand with both of mine.

            She looks at me and gives me a small nod. Then, she gives one last big push before we hear small cries. Jessie loosens her grip on my hand and gives a sigh of relief. A minute later, a nurse comes over to us and hands Jessie a small baby in a blue blanket. “Congratulations.”, she says as Jessie takes the baby in her arms. “Oh my gosh.”, Jessie says, still crying. Then, before I know it, I’m crying too.

            “H-he’s perfect.”, I say, tears rolling down my face. I look and see Gwen is crying as well. “He is.”, she replies, wiping her eyes. Jessie then hands him to me and I begin to cry even more than before. “H-hi buddy.”, I say, my voice quivering. “I-I’m your daddy.”, I continue with a large smile. I then bring him closer to me and give him a kiss on top of his head.

            The nurse then comes back and says, “Mrs. Sill, you will have to stay here for recovery while we do a few tests on him. But once he’s finished and we get the birth certificate filled out, you’ll be able to go home.” She then takes the baby from me and heads off. “Thanks for helping us here Gwen.”, I say as I wipe my face. “No problem.”, she replies, wiping her face as well.  

            I then grab a towel and wipe the sweat off of Jessie’s face since she can’t get up yet. “Thanks.”, she says with a smile. “I’m going to leave you two alone.”, Gwen says with a smile as she walks out the door. “You did great.”, I tell Jessie as I continue to wipe off her forehead. She’s breathing heavy, but I know she’s happy that it’s over. “Thanks.”, she says again.

            “Hey. You know we never really picked a name. What are we going to call him?”, I ask her with a smile, sitting down in a chair and still holding her hand. “I don’t know. We never really got to think of one.”, she replies. Then, she asks, “What do you want to name him?” I smile and think for a minute, but nothing really comes to mind.
_________________________________________________

THE POWER IS IN YOUR HANDS!!!!!!!!! COMMENT YOUR NAMES AND I’LL CHOOSE THE BEST TO NAME JESSIE & RYAN’S BABY!!!!!!!!!!